Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Halloween

Pages: 1 10 replies

My husband Mike would never post his own stuff, so I thought I'd take the liberty and share some pics of the cool Halloween costume he made this year... he did this in the few days leading up to Halloween and it turned out pretty good! He got a lot of attention wherever we went, that's for sure.

Terra
http://www.myspace.com/swangulo

I like it, very smooth and shiny :) Does he have eye holes or he needs to be led around

Great job on the Moai head!

Thanks, I'll pass along the compliments to him :)

The mouth had a slit that he could see out of, although not very well, other than straight ahead. It was done so quickly he didn't really do much "engineering."
When he took our daughter trick-or-treating he had to carry the head most of the time to avoid tripping over curbs and other little kids.

Terra
http://www.myspace.com/swangulo

I think That is Awesome!he did a Great job, perhaps a few modifications to get the vision better and he can wear it year round!

T

Wow, Terra!

Mike's Moai mask is AWESOME!!! He should have worn it to the Purple Orchid on the 30th when we saw you guys out there! Sure you just came from a movie theatre where it would have obstructed the view of everybody sitting behind you, but sometimes people have to suffer for great art! And that is GREAT ART!!!

I say mount a little LCD flatscreen inside the head and a little camera on top :lol:

that is cool i did Santo not really tiki but still kind of cool
and yea fella's that girl was the devil hahahaha

Here I am in all my Hula glory. Had to get 2 grass skirts to fit around my fat ass. I would have just worn the shell bra, but my girl is the only one who would enjoy seeing me in that. She'e the chola molesting me in the pics.

Ah....that last picture IS scary!

Eric, I sooo regret not bringing the mask along that evening! (A photo in the Purple Orchid would have been better than the one taken in Trader Joes...)
Speaking of regrets, I had a camera in my purse and didn't photograph you and Manuel in your Duk Duk costumes - d'oh! I blame the French Zombie. You have given me YET ANOTHER reason to look forward to Halloween - can't wait to see what you come up with next year.

MadDogMike, the engineers that Mike works with wanted to add some LED action - I'm sure it will be modified at some point to include them. The camera idea is a good one! "Moai-Cam."

Pages: 1 10 replies