Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki/polynesian hotels in southern california

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

I am fairly new to Southern California and my boyfriend and I would like to find some tiki/polynesian hotels in the area. I have already been to the hotel in Palm Springs and was hoping some one knew of others out there.
I was also doing a search online and came across the Kon Tiki Inn in Pismo Beach and was wondering if this was worth checking out.

The Kona Kai Inn is a wonderful weekend spot for visiting Hearst Castle, Cambria and Central Coast wine tasting, but I do not believe that it has a particularly high tiki factor, despite the name.

Of course, Humphrey's Half Moon Inn, Shelter Island, San Diego, is the only true choice to stay in a tiki temple.

It features a dramatic, extended overhang and Humphreys bar features a large, imposing A frame facade. On the inside, a captivating tiki garden awaits. It is also adjacent to the
Bali Hai.

The Hanalei on Hotel Circle is also noteworthy. All of these establishments have been discussed on this board.

I would also recommend the Best Western Island Palms, also on Shelter Island.

My personal favorite is Paradise Point, on Vacation Road near Sea World, which truly resembles an island paradise.

As you are traveling with your boyfried, you may be pleased to know that Paradise Point is all bungalows, so you won't have to wake your neighbors.

(If you stay on Hibiscus lane, you can do it island-style under the stars on the lanai without being disturbed.)

In Santa Barbara, there is the Tropicana Inn which features the A-frame architecture and numerous palm trees.

Aloha tiki007, welcome to the tribe! I'd like to second Humphrey's Half Moon Bay in San Diego on Shelter Island as well. Great Polynesian styled Hotel with lots of tikis and conveniently across the street from the Bali Hai. Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2530&forum=1

Do a search on San Diego on this site for some info on other Tiki hotspots in SD - a tiki weekend might be in order!

T

Thanks Chris and Pop for the info., those pics are awesome. I can't wait to check out these amazing hotels and I'll make sure to give a detailed report.

Pages: 1 3 replies