Pages: 1 9 replies

planning on hitting up all the usual suspects weds & thurs:
forbidden island
tonga room
trader vics
kona club
conga lounge

anything else i should check out?
i am trying to coordinate an oakland area excursion with a friend that is on tour tomorrow or thursday.
also my other friend who is hosting me is looking to find more tiki themed decor for her house in the general SF area if there are any places to hit up.
thanks.
ex.

D
dcman posted on Tue, Nov 10, 2009 1:12 PM

Damn I love the Tonga Room and Trader Vics

dcman

A
aku76 posted on Tue, Nov 10, 2009 4:59 PM

i'll be visiting Forbidden Island thursday 11/12 for drinks and Meshugga Beach Party. if anyone wants to say hi, i'll be wearing my Frankie's shirt!

aloha!

I was just there for New Years and loved the Tonga Room and Kona Club! A new place has opened in San Fran called Smuggler's Cove. Bartenders were raving about this place, so I went and checked it out. After a half hour wait in line to get in I was disappointed with the service and the drinks. The decor was cool, more like Pirates of the Carib meats a tiki bar. I guess it already has changed owners once. The place is three levels, but very small inside. I'd take the Tonga any day over it. Vic's and Forbidden were closed on new years day!

Thanks....

hmmmmmm ? loved the Tonga Room and the Kona Club ???????????

Yeah really Rum Runner,

sounds like this guy likes poorly made super sweet tiki drinks.
tsk tsk tsk.

I have heard nothing but amazing rave reviews about smugglers cove.
can't wait to get up there soon.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-01-17 17:15, RumPointRudy wrote:
I was just there for New Years and loved the Tonga Room and Kona Club! A new place has opened in San Fran called Smuggler's Cove. Bartenders were raving about this place, so I went and checked it out. After a half hour wait in line to get in I was disappointed with the service and the drinks. The decor was cool, more like Pirates of the Carib meats a tiki bar. I guess it already has changed owners once. The place is three levels, but very small inside. I'd take the Tonga any day over it. Vic's and Forbidden were closed on new years day!

Thanks....

Clueless....

T

Is it true the Tonga Restaurant in SF is closing?

H

On 2010-02-24 19:34, tikifred wrote:

Yes, they are closing tonight at 11pm. Fortunately they will re-open tomorrow at 6pm.

L

On 2010-02-26 19:42, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2010-02-24 19:34, tikifred wrote:

Yes, they are closing tonight at 11pm. Fortunately they will re-open tomorrow at 6pm.

I dont know why this made me lol but it did.

Pages: 1 9 replies