Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Vintage Martin Denny Advertisements

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

Thought some of you might enjoy these. Not a bunch of amazing graphics, but still interesting to see. I found all of these in old Billboard magazines. They really attest to his popularity back then.

March 1962 :down:

March 1959 :down:

May 1959 :down:

May 1962 :down:

June 1959, love the rocket! :down:

June 1959 :down:

August 1959 - He seems to really be carrying the Liberty label :down:

September 1959 :down:

TM

What a great time in music!!!!!!!!

Wow! NOW you're coming out with these, after my CD booklet lay out is locked in!

Well, we'll use it for the next one. :)

Very nice! :)

Thanks for posting these Mo-eye.

I have a flyer from a Denny gig in Chicago I will post soon. The graphics are great!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

What is "Paradise Cove?" I don't think I have that one. It looks to be a single from the late in the exotica phase of MD's career. Was it on an album or CD? Is it worth tracking down?

V

very cool.

I couldn't fit the whole thing on the scanner but here is the flyer I got advertising Martin Denny's first appearance in Chicago! No year given but I would guess in the 60's.

Boy, I wish I could have attended that concert!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2009-11-11 09:45, OnyaBirri wrote:
What is "Paradise Cove?" I don't think I have that one. It looks to be a single from the late in the exotica phase of MD's career. Was it on an album or CD? Is it worth tracking down?

I couldn't find this song on any of my albums or CD's which number over 50!!!

Must be a single only release??

Anybody have this, I'd love to hear it?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

How about its B-side, SUCU SUCU !? Now say that slowly... :D

Jeeezazz frickin' Christ almighty (no blasphemy intended), Jeff! That's gotta become the cover of your Exotica book, ...or the inside end pages! Incredible. It looks like some current Tiki artist's over the top idea. But to be from back in the day! I'm floored...

That's an amazing flyer, Jeff!

Paradise Cove/Sucu Sucu was a 45 release and the songs were not on any of the other albums.

The HYP Records "Vinyl Safari" webpage states that for the completest, there are several Martin Denny 45s which contain songs unreleased on the lps. They have a full list of those 45s on their website:

http://www.hipwax.com/music/exot_md.html

I found what looks to be a pretty clean copy on eBay with a low Buy-it-Now. When it arrives, I'll let you know my humble opinion.

Pages: 1 9 replies