Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Baby Doe from TIki Oasis brings you The Go Go Spectacular!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

Dearest Tiki Pals,

The Devil-Ettes are producing their DREAM event for this November! It is called The Go Go Spectacular and it is a theatrical event – meaning a sit-down show – where you will experience the best of the best in go go! We have rented out the BRAVA theater in San Francisco and we are pulling out all the stops. Out of all our events over the last 11 years of The Devil-Ettes existence THIS IS THE ONE we really want you to come to! I know times are tight for people and a $25 show might be a bit steep but I swear you will NOT regret this ticket purchase! The show is 2 1/2 hours of jammed packed comedy, dance, live music, historical tidbits and more! Please add this show to your calendar today, get a babysitter (if that applies to you) and experience The Go Go Spectacular cause this thing ain’t gonna happen again!

The show is the same both nights so pick which night works with your schedule!
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/79932

A bit more about the spectacular!

The Go Go Spectacular
It is the Theatrical extravaganza of the year!

What: LIVE ACTION 1960s VARIETY SHOW! Join us for an outrageous, theatrical tribute to the great 60’s variety shows like Laugh-In, Shindig, and Hullabaloo. The Go Go Spectacular will be an action-packed night filled with live performances by The Barbary Coasters and Deke Dickerson’s All Star Frat Band doing a special all go go set! Special guests, comedy, historic tributes to the 1960s by author Domenic Priore (Riot on Sunset Strip and Pop Surf Culture) and author Lynn Peril (Pink Think: Becoming a Woman in Many Uneasy Lessons), vocal powerhouses Scotty from the Hi-Nobles and Alotta Boutte, Kitten on the Keys and Kellita of Hot Pink Feathers go all-out go go and as much shimmying and shaking as The Devil-Ettes and The Mini Skirt Mob can cram into two hours!

When: Friday and Saturday, November 13th and 14th, 2009
Where: The Brava Theatre, 2781 24th St, San Francisco, CA
How much: $25 in advance, $35 at door
Doors: drinks 7pm, show 8pm
Direct Link to Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/79932

if i wasnt leaving SF on friday i would check it out. On my way to the tonga room now.

A

All set with a sitter to sit on Sat so we can see the Sat spectacular show!

-Randy

A

Great nite! Here's a handful of pics...

The Shrimp Shack Shooters sequence.

Deke's All Star Frat Band winding things up. I'll jump at any chance I get to see them in norcal!

-Randy

S

There must be some more photos out there,I am sure that this show was fantastic.

S

BUMP-A-GO-GO

A

OK, here's 4 more I've got handy.

Lynn Peril and the Barbary Coasters take the audience through a dance-ospective, with accompanying demonstrations.

Go Johnny Go!

Deke with frat allstars Bonniwell Barfield and Ghastly Garrett.

Dance Johnny Dance!

-Randy

wow looks like that must have been a great show.
wish I could have seen that.
tell them to bring it down south.

Jeff(btd)

S

will the devil-ettes be performing at Tiki Oasis 10 ?

Pages: 1 8 replies