Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A reasonably awesome tiki lamp.

Pages: 1 4 replies

I found this tiki lamp after a long, hard day of slogging through antique stores in New Hope, PA last year. (You poor east coasters, your antique stores actually have antiques in them that you have to sift through! Here on the west coast, nothing's more than 80 years old.) I was about to throw in the towel when I came across this handsome fellow:

He came with that shade, but who knows if it's original. The lady who sold it to me said with much confidence that it came from Hawaii in the '50s, but she also tried to tell me that a ruffly, full-length, heavy barkcloth, neon-colored, psycho patterned tropical dress was from the '40s. So, the purported provenance is precariously positioned at best. But I think he's gorgeous.

Xlnt find Michelle .

Very cool!!

8T

I like him a LOT, almost as much as the one I just found :P(see Tiki Finds). Yours is wired for electric? Tres cool, congrats. How did you manage to keep from sharing him with us for almost a year???

H

Yep, he's wired, and he has a cord coming right out of his little tiki butt. It kinda makes him look like he has a tail.

Pages: 1 4 replies