Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Party at "Spermy's Blowhole" December 12, 2009 Official Annoucement

Pages: 1 2 92 replies

We will be having our annual Christmas Party on December 12th. We will be serving up yummy food and yummy drinks!! CHUM will be providing the sounds of surf this year!!! We hope you all can attend!!! We are looking for some guest bartenders...if you are interested please post here or PM me. If you feel like bringing a dish or a dessert that would be cool, but it is not mandatory.

Please RSVP here or send me a PM. I will send you our address and info through PM as the date draws closer.

When: Saturday December 12, 2009
Time: 5:00pm till ???
Where: Hawthorne ... please RSVP for exact location!!!

Feel free to RSVP and ask questions on this thread or through PM!!

Good Times Ahead!!!
ALOHA

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2009-11-14 10:44 ]

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2009-11-14 10:45 ]

WoooooHooooooo! We can't wait :)

do I really need to RSVP?
seriously?

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-11-14 18:03, bigtikidude wrote:
seriously?

Jeff(btd)

You just did !!! To be clear though ... you just RSVP'd for the years ahead too!! We always know you are comming Jeff!!! hehe

The highlight of the Season. rsvp.

On 2009-11-15 10:55, The Sperm Whale wrote:

On 2009-11-14 18:03, bigtikidude wrote:
seriously?

Jeff(btd)

You just did !!! To be clear though ... you just RSVP'd for the years ahead too!! We always know you are comming Jeff!!! hehe

Damn I didn't want anybody to know I would be there.
and kinda sit in the corner, and not have anybody notice me.
ha ha ha.
:o

Jeff(btd)

J
JOBU posted on Sun, Nov 15, 2009 11:16 PM

DAMN, we had a blast last year but the the 12th is cutting it close
My wife Bobbie is DUE the 15th!
Put us down for possibly 2 or baby makes 3?
JOBU

In...possible bartending, depending on how much I can keep the ingredients survive the long day.

Ran

Is there room for another guest bartender?

Oh Hell Yes!

You can put Dannelle and I down, Scott! Thanks!

Tis the season to rock it with Chum at Scott and Laura's .
I can just taste one of those Daytonas right now baby !
I will bring some special goodies for those that have been good this year .

Monkeyman there is plenty of room for you to bartend!! You are pretty much the first volunteer at the moment!! We are looking forward to seeing you!!

Ran that would be great if you could bartend...but we all understand that that is going to be a long day for you. We will play it by ear!!

Everybody else thanks for the R.S.V.P's I will be sending out our address N stuff as the date draws closer!!

Hey Scott,

Trevor and I would love to attend, if'n you're really opening your home up to just ANYBODY. :wink: We're the Sleezstak and Lil' Dead Riding Hood from Halloween at Don's, BTW. Oooh - hopefully that doesn't blackball us!

Tiki Kitty (Deanna)

Spermy, the problem is keeping the perishables from perishing, since we'll be at the Mooneyes event all day before. Maybe we'll drag the cooler in the trunk.
Other from that, we should be good to go.

Ran

[ Edited by: kick_the_reverb 2009-11-20 10:02 ]

Hiphipahula, it would sure be great if you did a guest bartending spot....A sunset on the Kona Kai would be on my wish list.

This sounds great! Ilene and I actually have a babysitter lined up for the evening too. Please mark us down.

T

Manuel and I were out of town last year, but we'll definitely make it this year!

Sweet!! I will PM everybody our address as the date gets closer!!

Spermy,

Will be in LA that weekend and would love to swing by and check out the Blowhole.

DC

Well, I was looking forward to this, but alas, I will be in Berlin that week and weekend. Luckily there is this event happening:

And I'll get to show the Rum Trader to Josh Agle.

H

I was bummed I missed last years party but I'm going this year for sure! Can't wait! I'll be bringing some of my world famous (in my mind anyway) low-cal Lapu Lapu's for those of us trying to keep the holiday weight gaining to a minimum:)

BUMP

you laying down all the plastic sheets?
I have a feeling this years Blowhole party is gonna
blow the roof off.

Jeff(btd)

Birthday plans changed for that day so we will be guest bar tending again....yay.

sweet.

B

Polynesian Pam and I would love to attend your soiree!!

T

I remember last year that Scott said he was buying out the neighbors house, leveling it and he and Laura were building a 3 story parking garage for this years party. Does anyone know if those 2 got it completed ? Im just askin' ....

yes parking is a bit of an issue there.
best bet, get there as early as possible.
that's why I always offer to help set up and grill some grub for the party.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Count me in for sure! And I'll bring something. No empty-handed guest, I.

Anyone close to Newport Beach or Costa Mesa going to Spermys??
Looking to hitch a ride from someone if possible .
Mahalos

On 2009-12-05 12:42, 1961surf wrote:
Anyone close to Newport Beach or Costa Mesa going to Spermys??
Looking to hitch a ride from someone if possible .
Mahalos

That is a great idea Bill!! People it is a good idea to carpool if you can. Parking can be a little tricky in my hood.

I've heard so many great things about the Blowhole party! I'm glad I'll get to partake! TikiGeeki introduced me to you all at Tiki Oasis and I've been looking forward to it all year! I'll be stopping by with a friend and a couple bottles of booze in hand!

Mahalo
~ Hulahoney :)

Looking forward to this as usual, Spermy. You and Whalerider are the greatest of hosts.

HT

My wife and I are looking forward to attending on Sat dec 12. Please send directions. HB TIKI.

T

Mr and Mrs Tikilands would like to attend. We have never been to your party and have been out of the tiki scene for awhile due to some health issues. We even missed Tiki Oasis which was such a disappointment :( Is this an exclusive party or is anyone invited? Sorry if that is a dumb question. We would love to attend. Do we need to bring anything? Thanks

its open to the TC public,
just wait for a PM from Spermy with address and directions.

Jeff(btd)

T

Thanks I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday

R

barbara and i would like to attend!!!need directions..

mahalo,
ron

B

Celebrate the return of the "Bongwater Cocktail" although it will be a special blend exclusive to The Sperm Whale & Whale Rider. It shall be dubbed "South Bay Bongwater" get yours before it's all gone.

On 2009-12-09 17:57, bongofury wrote:
Celebrate the return of the "Bongwater Cocktail" although it will be a special blend exclusive to The Sperm Whale & Whale Rider. It shall be dubbed "South Bay Bongwater" get yours before it's all gone.

Bongofury,

I must have have the South Bay Bongwater! What time are you pouring??

DC

Sounds like Hawthorne needs a Brewski-Beatdown!!

WHOO!!

I will be in town this weekend & would love to attend!

On 2009-12-09 17:57, bongofury wrote:

MMMMMMM...Bongwater!!!

I am so going to be there! Laura was a great hostess last year putting up with the likes of me and a few other hammered cohorts at like 2am and Spermy... well buddy, you and your bro Riptide are always a blast to hang with!!

Hope to bar tend early. "No stems or seeds that you don't need............."

Well, we RSVP'd!

I haven't posted here on TC in a while, but last week we lost our precious greyhound Elizabeth. As some of you know she was keeping us at home this last year or so. So now we are empty animal nesters and ready to step-out! So, I have ingredients to make some yummy edibles and we are going to the blow-hole!

See y'all there!

T

YAYYYYY!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 92 replies