Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Auto tune

Pages: 1 4 replies

TM

Auto tune...a computer program that automatically fixes incorrect pitches, allowing anyone to sound perfect....at the highest settings, it sounds like a robot singing...but you can apply the effect to any situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4AxzvhCPY&feature=featured

Most modern singers, pop tarts such as Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato use this program to get that perfect sound...live, they really don't sound like that good...but when they perform, if they are not actually lip syncing, then they are using this program. Many modern country artists also use this effect.

I think it is a truly horrible thing.

The baby video above is a perfect example of how even random pitches (like those found in ordinary speech) can be made into musical notes.

hate that shit too.
I dunno if Cher was the 1st to make it popular or not.
but when I heard that, I thought something was wrong with the cd player.
no, not my cd player it was at my old work.
somebody else was playing it.
I wanted to shoot the speakers.

Jeff(btd)

I've heard for years that auto tune is supposedly making tone deaf hotties into pop stars. But the wildly popular yet off key and flat "singing" of Taylor Swift kinda makes me doubt it.

And another thing...

If auto tune is so mighty how come this guy ain't a star outside the confines of his curdled mind?

He's got the looks, the moves, stunning fashion sense, hair that makes grown bald men weep, and the figure of a 39 year old semi-active accountant. So why hasn't he been auto tuned into last year's one-hit-wonder already?

He's actually really huge in the phillipines and Japan right now.

Pages: 1 4 replies