CheTiki in shell beach

Pages: 1 15 replies

C

here are a few pics of my first tiki's

hope you enjoy them!!!

[ Edited by: chetiki 2009-12-01 15:14 ]

[ Edited by: chetiki 2009-12-01 15:16 ]

C

here is my second one done with chainsaw and grinder, I modeled this one after a tiki bookend of my grandfathers
the first pics I posted are roughed in with chainsaw then all chisels and surf music and tecate from there,
I have been trying differnt shellacs and now I am using spar varnish. any tips on good sealers?

C

does anybody know where I can get more palm logs in central california?

NIce work Welcome to TC its a great place for info
I get my palms from a local tree service guy . Since they are heavy as hell
Is all but to happy to let me haul them away.
i would start with your phone book and start calling.
Good Luck!!

Nice carvings!! I really like the second one you did modeled after the book ends, nice...
I'm going to put a wanted add on craigslist to find dome logs, preferably coconut but I'm not going to be picky, also the green dump is a great place to look, although I have not had any luck the last time I went..

C

hey guys thanks for the kind words. I will post some more of the current works in progress.

Thanks
CheTiki

B

Nice few there chetiki really nice group. Welcome to Tiki Central, we'll be looking for some More of your works soon.

S

Some fine first few tikis!

Whats going on with all the surfboards or surfboard bags?

A
amate posted on Thu, Nov 19, 2009 5:20 PM

Nice way to start. Keep it up!

L

Welcome on TC! Nice work for a first, start your own thread. Hurry up!

J.

My favorite one is the open-mouthed one at the beginning of your thread. I can imagine seeing that in the middle of some island jungle, watching over a forgotten temple.

Aloha!

Marcus

C

thanks for all the comments fellow tiki lovers. just got my new issue of tiki magazine this weekend and a new 30oz mallet and my wife gave me some time to carve. what a great weekend!!!!! so here is one I have been able to get back to carving.

Tikis, Tecates and Tools
CheTiki

C

looking good!
Why the name Chetiki I'm curious (something to do with el Che, or are you porteƱo)?
Aloha!

B

Excellent looking detail on your tikis Chitiki, it's great seeing you take your time and keeping them crisp.

C

thanks Benzart sometime's I feel like I take way to long on them but I enjoy it, I just need more time to carve.
and Clarita as far as my name yes it is Che so I got real creative and put my name before Tiki.
well maybe I will get some carve time this weekend.

thanks all

Pages: 1 15 replies