Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha Bobby & Rose

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

I've been trying to remember if this is the movie that had a scene filmed at The Tikis.
It main character was Paul Le Mat. Does anyone remember if it was this movie or another starring PLM?
I was only 12 when I saw it so memory is a bit fuzzy. Thanks!

Blast from the past. I remember when it came out and the commercials on tv. And I have seen at least the beginning of it.

But sorry, I do not know the answer to your queston. Try IMDB.

Hey Scispy,

I have this movie someplace around the house. My best memory from the movie is the Elton John soundtrack through out the movie. I'll dig it up and watch it again..

Cheers!

Rick

I remember seeing the trailer on TV when I was a little kid. It looked pretty boss to me then, but I knew it was off limits for me at the movies. I think I was nine or ten at the time. I couldn't find the trailer on YouTube but they do have a few clips. I just put it in my Netflix queue, thanks for the reminder, forgot all about this movie. It looks like a good one.

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2009-11-17 23:20 ]

A

Here's the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4038394137/

I remember the title from when I was a kid, but I've never seen it. I think this was a big deal when it came out because it was LeMat's first film after American Graffiti and there were a lot of peole at the time thinking he was going to be a big star. From the looks of it, it's really just an LA movie and the "Aloha" part of it is Rose's dream of going to Hawaii.

S

Arriano, I thought I remember a scene that was supposed to be Hawaii that was filmed at "The Tikis" in Monterey Park. My cousins lived down the street and I remmember the filming going on at the time. What I can't remember is if that filming was in the Aloha Bobby & Rose movie....Guess I will have to rent it before I buy it. Thanks...

D

On 2009-11-18 14:03, arriano wrote:
Here's the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4038394137/

I remember the title from when I was a kid, but I've never seen it. I think this was a big deal when it came out because it was LeMat's first film after American Graffiti and there were a lot of peole at the time thinking he was going to be a big star. From the looks of it, it's really just an LA movie and the "Aloha" part of it is Rose's dream of going to Hawaii.

Cool trailer. Looks totally bitchin! Can't wait to get it from Netflix. I love movies set in LA back then.

Pages: 1 6 replies