Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pat Morita's Ice Bucket

Pages: 1 4 replies

H

I went looking for a nice, vintage, wooden ice bucket for my bar the other day, and I came across this guy:

:up: Pat Morita's Ice Bucket

It's Pat Morita's Ice Bucket! His widow is selling some of his things, and was selling this on eBay. Of course, it's fair to question the veracity of Pat Morita's Ice Bucket, but I did a bit of poking around and everything seems above-board. Even if it's not (and it would be a pretty elaborate ruse if it's not), it's just more fun to think it's Pat Morita's Ice Bucket.

She said in the listing that they had it on their bar for years; sadly Mr. Morita had struggled with alcoholism (it's what ultimately killed him), so Pat Morita's Ice Bucket may have gotten a fair amount of use.

Woofmutt pointed out to me that this looks very much like an old English Biscuit Barrel (except for that it's not rounded at the sides), and sure enough, I believe that's what it is. But its ceramic liner makes it great for ice, too.

And if nothing else, it's brown, it's wood, it's old, it's useful... I'll take it.

Arigato, Morita-San!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 16, 2009 11:22 PM

Congratulations on your aquisition of Pat Morita's Ice Bucket.

Very nice..........ice on.....ice off :D

Time for a christening

Karate Chop

1 tsp(s) Coconut Extract
2 oz Orange Juice
2 oz Pineapple Juice
2 oz Japanese Cherry Wine
2 oz Sake
3/4 oz Rum (white)
3/4 oz Vodka
3/4 oz Triple Sec

I am envious of your bucket.