Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco Tiki's From Tiki Village Sacramento For Sale

Pages: 1 14 replies

These are currently being offered up for sale by a local dealer who rescued them when the Tiki Village was being demolished.

Here are the pictures I took. I was cramped for space. The tikis are actually 10'6" and 10'8". There were three that were hollowed to fit against the posts on the overhang of the building and no they are not painted.

They are for sale individually @ $1,500.00 each or $3,000.00 for the pair. If sold as a pair, the owner will include some extras such as a pair of the bamboo wall light sconces and some other items! Again, if I had the money (and the space)...it would be nice to see these go to someone here! Contact me if you are interested!

PTD

They sure look Witco to me. That's about $150.00 a ft for a carver of some note.
Seems like a fair price to me.
With the standard being set about $100.00 a ft. Adding $50/ft for the provenance.
Yep, I'd say good price.
BUT, there has been some damage so...up close inspection may be a good idea.
No doubt a great score.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-11-19 11:39 ]

Psycho Tiki D, Since I do not know where you are, could you help me out a little on the 'local dealer' part of your post?

David,

No sigificant damage to speak of other than the posts were retrofitted to act as structural beams over steel beams.

They are located in Rancho Cordova, California, which is a suburb of Sacramento. Not many Witco Tiki's found to be this size, according to a post in another thread they were probably custom made.

PTD

thanks, too far of a road trip. damn!
I have a 7ft. Witco that I can't find a place for ,other than outside. what would I Do with 2 10+ ftr's?
they are nice though.

David,

You should reconsider...you know, load up a trailer with the stuff you have for sale and make a sweep across the country and delivery along the way. I don't know how long it would take, but I imagine it would be worthwhile?

PTD

what is the smiley face for
'scratching your chin, as if you were in deep thought'?
insert here.

On 2009-11-20 05:43, TIKI DAVID wrote:
what is the smiley face for
'scratching your chin, as if you were in deep thought'?
insert here.

???...???

What?

PTD

I hope New Hampshire's on your route! :wink:

L

I am with Duane Tiki David...I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED that 1950s bar you had posted on here awhile back. Forget the road trip to Florida...come West my good man!

sent you a PM Liz.

On 2009-11-20 05:11, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
David,

You should reconsider...you know, load up a trailer with the stuff you have for sale and make a sweep across the country and delivery along the way. I don't know how long it would take, but I imagine it would be worthwhile?

PTD

The smiley thing meant I was thinking about it.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-11-20 16:52 ]

Well, bumping this in hopes of finding these guys a new home.

Any thoughts on what a fair price would be?? Seller seems to be firm, but I can always talk to him.

PTD

T

On 2009-12-04 05:29, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Well, bumping this in hopes of finding these guys a new home.

Any thoughts on what a fair price would be?? Seller seems to be firm, but I can always talk to him.

PTD

I'll tell ya, that price is unbelievably cheap for what they are. I think it's the unwieldy size that's the problem. I would take 'em but also have an issue of storage until I start my bar.

I think the price is a very fair and may very well be a bargain considering where they came from and who carved them.

I think the main issues in getting them sold is;

1. The economy, big bargains will sell better than a fair price right now especially.

2. The tall size might not fit in a lot of peoples homes.

Pages: 1 14 replies