Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Clear wahine glass from trader dicks

Pages: 1 8 replies

I have 2 clear wahine glasses that are from the the Trader Dicks in Reno. These are from around the early 90's. So far I haven't tracked down any info on them. Last week I found a pair of similar style at a junk shop for 2 bucks. They have a different pose that on the orig. I got, and are a little shorter. They are cool glasses. Anyone have any info on them?????

C
Chub posted on Fri, Nov 20, 2009 8:50 PM

WELCOME! What kind of info are you looking for? It seems you already know where they are from and when they were approximately made.

LT

Need Pics.

On 2009-11-20 20:50, Chub wrote:
WELCOME! What kind of info are you looking for? It seems you already know where they are from and when they were approximately made.

Maybe who drank from them... me! I've been wonderin' where those glasses went to...

I'm going on a guess. Are these the ones? My glasses are vintage, tall and heavy. Made by Libbey as far as I can make out the mark on the bottom. Sorry about the pic quality but it's hard to get a good one of clear glass.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2009-11-21 05:56 ]

H

Oh wow... that's a flashback. I know those glasses very well, but I know them from a Thai restaurant in the U-District in Seattle in the early '90s. It's what they served their Thai Iced Coffees in. I loved those glasses, I wanted them so very badly.

H

Ah ha! This Libbey glass is called "La Femme." Looks like Libbey still makes them (product code 1620). A few restaurant supply places sell them, here they are for $52.38/dozen: La Femme glasses at Top Food Service.

Nice to have a little personal mystery solved!

Yep those there be the ones! The two new ones I found look a lot alike, (must get pics posted) they have the same glass pattern, about a inch shorter and the girls are all turned to the side. I'm glad someone knew about them, I haven't seen them on e-bay or anywhere!

wow so glad someone posted this. I picked up a couple of those the other week, figured they had to be some kind of restaurantware.

Pages: 1 8 replies