Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Hawaiian Motif Acoustic Guitar+60's Surf Guitar

Pages: 1 0 replies

OGR

This is a cool (Not strictly Tiki-I know) Supertone acoustic from the late 1920’s or early ’30’s, most likely built by Regal, (possibly Washburn) featuring Hawaiian stencil art (outline stencil-then hand painted) designs on the top and sides – plus pearlette celluloid fretboard and pickguard. A nicely-grained Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides, Mahogany neck, Rosewood bridge with Ebony saddle, parquet and celluloid binding on both the top and the sound-hole. The celluloid pickguard material has curled slightly at the edges, it is not coming off. It also has it's original case. No strings/string pegs...I can't find them-easily replaced. It has some light wear but overall very nice original shape. I have owned this for decades, but tough times...etc. It was a super display in my restaurant...but it plays well also. I will also include this 60's Kimberly (Teisco) scarce 1 p/up project surf guitar w/agreed price. I am asking 695.00 + shipping (25.00 USA)...or BRO. If you have any interest, Paypal info, ?'s, or comments...Please PM me. Thank You!

[ Edited by: Or Got Rum? 2009-11-20 14:37 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies