Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Crazy Al "Two Hour Tiki"

Pages: 1 8 replies

TT

Some of you may remember Crazy Al roughed out a tiki for me at Bamboo Ben's "Nooner" this summer.

Al just getting started.

The roughed out tiki.

After drying out all summer the tiki was ready to be finished up. Al was good enough to come by the house today. Here are some pictures of his amazing work.

After four months of drying out in the hot San Fernando Valley, the tiki looked a little different.

Al getting started.

Looking good.

Chips and dust were flying.

Just a few last finishing touches.

Crazy Al's latest, "Two Hour Tiki"

It will claim a place of prominence in my tiki room as soon as it is completed.

[ Edited by: Tuna Tiki 2009-11-21 20:22 ]

B

COOL Stuff by Crazie All

Very nice. Reminds me of one Leroy's pieces.

TT

BTW For all you non So-Cal members, please note; it is November 21st and we are in shorts and tee shirts.

T

Crazy Al proclaims to be "crazy" but how crazy is he really with a breathing mask on. Here's to Careful Al's new Tiki.

S

I love the big, bold, flowing lines......... it takes me 2 hours to find my chisels........it is a great looking TIKI

Well if my 5th grade math serves me correctly, 2 hours at Al's and 3 at Tuna's, add to...ah...5
5 hour Tiki is still CRAZY!!

CA

killer that we salvaged the 8ft log... the first 6-8 inches of this guy are still quite soft. but the rest turned out to be nice and dense and take a pit of a polish.
Even with several month in the upper end of two-digit weather and plenty in three digits... I only had to chip less then an inch into the deep parts to hit moist wood.

I wonder when we are all fighting over water here in the 'desert' if we can tap palms for water??

very nice and chunky how much did it weigh was it able to be moved with no trolley? and just brute strength

Pages: 1 8 replies