Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Haunted Baby doll brings top dollar

Pages: 1 20 replies

Read this auction, if you dare . . . .

HAUNTED baby doll ONCE ALIVE?

Perhaps ebay may be the place to sell my cursed lava.

Ha -- I know that seller personally!

He used to work for me until he moved to NY. He has a knack for finding the coolest stuff, then turning it around on eBay for a profit... as this auction proves.

-Mike

ooooh....man, I had to turn on the light after going through that ebay page. It's a pretty cool and eerie story...ESPECIALLY those pictures! That page has been seen over 42,447 times! I've never seen a counter that high!

Who knows what evil lurks...

CrapMyPantsCaddyDaddy

D

This is hysterical! Here is part 2 of the story - enter if you dare- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2388&item=2925049301

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-04-23 09:37 ]

That's just brilliant marketing...what would he have gotten with "Fugly Old Chalkware Doll in Really Crap Condition"?

What exactly is an "armadillo coffin"? (And I KNOW what an armadillo is, they account for about 65% of the road pizza here.)

OK thanks for the addendum, DawnTiki, now I know what an armadillo coffin is.

And I'm not watching those video clips, I saw "The Ring".

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-04-23 09:37 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-04-23 09:40 ]

Yeah, yeah...I just looked at both video clips. I can do the "hand moving" thingy with a digital editor, and the word "Harold" being whispered by some supernatural source was over the top since it's a bad whisper and sounds very fake.

Now it's about as scary as you reading "BOO!"....did I getcha? I thought not.

Personally, I thought it was brilliant marketing. I wish I'd thought of it! Ten to one whoever buys the thing also prints out the ebay page so they can show their friends what an "evil" doll they bought. The doll is nothing without the accompanying story!

I wonder if he's going to mail the doll in its coffin...

damn! I love that shit!
That is so brilliant!
and here I thought THIS doll was super creepy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1468&item=2924255462

Almost as creepy as the seller ID:
"CrankMaggot"???
yuck, what's that about?

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2003-04-23 15:20 ]

ah, then you've not seen the autopsy baby dolls! They are really disturbing.

http://www.horrordiva.com/articles/article_images/autopsybaby.html

Damn!!!
uh....no, I hadnt seen those before.
HOLY yuck!!
Those are really nasty!
That baby pinhead is oddly cute, tho.
(in a very demented way!)

T

I have a plastic JFK head that I was going to put on Ebay as a HAUNTED JFK HEAD but chickened out. Looks like I might have to do that after all!

I got it at the Henry Ford museum - you put a dollar into a machine and liquid plastic shoots into a mold of JFK's head as a souvenir - when it cools you take it home.

For some reason mine had an unusual flaw - a HOLE in the plastic right where the fatal bullet exited (or entered, depending whether you side with the Warren Report or the conspiracy theorists).

At any rate, it was super creepy, considering they had the car he was shot in on display about 100 feet away...

whoooooo

T

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2003-04-23 18:54 ]

D

Those dolls are from HELL! I never slept with dolls as a kid because of that damn Barbarella movie and those flesh eating baby dolls with razor teeth! I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight! :P

Barbarella babydolls shudder...what about "My name is Talky Tina and I DON'T LIKE YOU!"

Oooo! Twilight Zone! Telly Savalas and Talking Tina "I'm going to kill you" doll. All of those childhood nightmares!! Now I'm really scared!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-04-23 22:28 ]

In my worst recurring nightmare as a child, I would be riding on Its a Small World at Disneyland, only the singing animatronic dolls had the teeth and snapping head movements of the dolls from barbarella, and there were dead tourists piled up amongst the scenery...

Have any of you even been to Florida?
This is definately NOT a joke.

ahhhh.."Tikibong" has his/her? first post. Remember this post? I have to remember to see which "bong" it is that's responding.

This is such a funny listing! I wonder if it comes with a free frougert?

Yes but the Krusty The Klown doll is free. Just make sure its switch is flipped to GOOD

This just keeps getting better. You have to scroll all the way through.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2926272755

Pages: 1 20 replies