Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2003: The Arrival

Pages: 1 5 replies

So, when is everybody gettin' there?
Where is everybody stayin'?

Heather (TikiMama) and I are flying into Ontario on Friday, May 9. Our flight lands at 10:20am and we're driving into Palm Springs.

Anyone want to meet for lunch or caravan or anything (PolyPop, I know you're close to Ontario).

We are staying at Caliente Tropics, so who is game for Dinner Friday night?

LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! w00t!

Hey Craig - check out a few burgeoning details in my Road Trip thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3101&forum=4&16

There's some talk about a trip to Oceanic Arts in the morning and then lunch at the Bahooka before driving to Palm Springs -- maybe you could meet up with us at the Bahooka?

Hey, Melintur! I am glad to hear that you and Tiki Mama will be at the Tropics. Last year on the Friday night, Wierd Uncle and others went to the Italian restaurant across the street from the Tropics (Banducci's?) and there was a piano bar full of seniors who, if I am not mistaken, enjoyed the standards, singalong-style.

I am planning on getting in on Friday morn, myself!

M

On 2003-04-23 11:26, Humuhumu wrote:
Hey Craig - check out a few burgeoning details in my Road Trip thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3101&forum=4&16

There's some talk about a trip to Oceanic Arts in the morning and then lunch at the Bahooka before driving to Palm Springs -- maybe you could meet up with us at the Bahooka?

I'll have to talk it over with TikiMama and figure the times to drive into LA co to OA, then back out to Palm Springs.....

--
[->_

Remember, it is Mother's Day weekend, and there will be plenty of other visitors to Palm Springs other than us! You don't want to spend extra time at a restaurant waiting for a table when you could make a reservation, eat, and get back to the fun with the rest of us at The Tropics!

Some of you will probably just make this your "liquid diet weekend", but here are some of my recommendations:
Breakfast: Sherman's Deli, Billy Reeds, IHOP-(it actually is a pretty good one).
Lunch: Sherman's Deli, Billy Reeds, Del Rios, Hamburger Hamlet, and, of course, the famous "only open for lunch" Tyler's Burgers (get the sliders!)
Dinner: Davey's Hideaway, My Way Restaurant, Kaiser Grill, The Palm Springs Chop House, or "The Deck" which is above the Chop House with a lighter menu (and easier on the wallet), Lord Fletcher Inn, The Falls Steakhouse & Martini Bar.

....just to name a few I've frequented.

For more, you can check out The Desert Dining Guide, and while your at it, you can check out the local publication, Palm Springs Life Magazine, especially if you're going to get in a round of golf. Sorry, no tiki golf there, unless Chiki & CrazyAl want to lug some carvings onto the course! Maybe Weird Uncle can stroll & strum on his uke for entertainment!

PalmSpringin'CaddyDaddy

On 2003-04-23 12:19, floratina wrote:
Last year on the Friday night, Wierd Uncle and others went to the Italian restaurant across the street from the Tropics (Banducci's?) and there was a piano bar full of seniors who, if I am not mistaken, enjoyed the standards, singalong-style.

And we had a great time!

Left to Right: Wierd Uncle Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Lady Velour, Frenchy Polynesia, Mig, Rebecca & Martiki6.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-04-23 18:07 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies