Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

heads up guys/witco globe

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

Is that a good price??

Looks like paint on left side color is off , or is that just me losing my sight?
I have seen several of these in the last six to eights months go for half that price .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-11-25 17:56 ]

Yeah, that paint looks funky.
"It features the fine detailed carving that Witco is known for!" Are they, really? I have to take a second look at their oeuvre, then. :D

On 2009-11-25 18:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
Yeah, that paint looks funky.
"It features the fine detailed carving that Witco is known for!" Are they, really? I have to take a second look at their oeuvre, then. :D

Yes ,that Witco globe is mine,and yes the paint is a little faded on the left ,and the "fine detailed carving" reference was meant to describe the 'use' of the grain in the wood to accent the details. We fixed that by the way.
question ; have you ever seen a Witco globe with the hoop of the stand on the right,like this one? I know there is no wrong side ,but they all seem to be on the left.
It was asked by a eBay buyer ,questioning authenticity.So I thought I would ask the guy who wrote the book on WITCO.

You know you're right, I did not even notice that hoop thing. Maybe there have been others out there with it like that, and I did not notice the difference. But that globe is an authentic Witco for sure. They all vary since they were hand-assembled, and the carvings vary too since they were done by different workers at different times. Some of the cuts in some of the continents look kinda crude on yours for example.

But the hoop has a nice curve, mine that graces the end pages of Tiki Modern was so under tension, I went nuts trying to push thru the ends so it would not touch the globe for the photo, but it always slid back and I had to let it be.

maybe I should hang on to this one ,it's RARE!
kinda like a misstrike coin.

Is there is a possibility that can be taken out and flipped to go on the left side ?

TD

On 2009-12-02 10:39, 1961surf wrote:
Is there is a possibility that can be taken out and flipped to go on the left side ?

the answer is NO. but the bigger question would be ,WHY?

Pages: 1 8 replies