Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Who's Lining Up Early for the Smuggler's Cove Public Opening - Tuesday December 8, 2009?

Pages: 1 31 replies

Anyone else planning on lining up early on Tuesday December 8th to be one of the first drinkers to partake in the fountain of rum that will flow from Smuggler's Cove when it opens to the public? I am told the doors will swing open at 5pm. I will be there. Anyone else?

I was waiting for you to post something like this Mark.
Hahaha
I wish I could be there.
I will have to wait till the Weekend that Tikiyaki plays Nor.Cal.
to swing by Smugglers Cove.
See you in Late Jan.

Jeff(btd)

I will be there.....let the countdown begin...12 days left

Pretty sure I'll be there

J

Yep! The boss is traveling that day, so I'll sneak out early!

WE WILL BE RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU MARK! ITS ON!!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

T

I so wish I was in the area. :(

TWO

I'm gonna hafta call in sick but I'll be there.

Taiwonon - u r sick!
Have fun out there all of youz - With Martin runnin things and a certain "designer" doin his thingz itz gonna be good timez for along timez!

T
thejab posted on Thu, Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

I'm in line now. Where is everyone?

See you all in line tomorrow!

H

I'll be there, but only for the line. I can't pass up a good queue.

I can't get there until 5:00 tomorrow; hopefully the queue will be short enough that I can make it in at some point during the evening......

I'll be there on Saturday night and I already penciled my drinking plan: 1 Smugglers Cove Rum Barrel, 1 Never-published Beachcomber cocktail and a shot of Eurydice. Any other SC drinks I should imbibe?

...in line.
Rum Runner just showed up.

I gotta wait until next week to get down to the city, but I'll tip a mug in ya'll's direction tonight.
Have fun!

On 2009-12-08 07:18, Shaun of theTiki wrote:
I'll be there on Saturday night and I already penciled my drinking plan: 1 Smugglers Cove Rum Barrel, 1 Never-published Beachcomber cocktail and a shot of Eurydice. Any other SC drinks I should imbibe?

The Chi Chi Pache

On 2009-12-08 15:10, Iniquitiki wrote:
...in line.
Rum Runner just showed up.

in line?! There was a line at 3pm?

Actually... I'm not surprised.

Why yes there was!

T
thejab posted on Wed, Dec 9, 2009 1:02 PM

WWJD? Show up at 11:30 and walk right in the door - no line! Had a couple of great drinks last night - The Calibogus (Zirbenz Stone Pine liqueur, spruce tincture, molasses, seltzer, Private Reserve rum, lime) and the Black Prince (Aged Guatemalan rum, Punt e Mes, Averna, orange bitters) - and joined the Rumbustion Society by tasting one of their fine rums (not 16 in one night like some lunatic who shall remain unnamed, ha!).

WOW 16 in one night !! haha, that wasn't me!

I am in the middle of a build out of a new store. I won't be able to make my first visit until well after the first of the year.

I hear and see it is worth the wait !

From the pictures it looks great!

TWO

The were 2 lunatics there that fit that description. Both shall remain nameless.

On 2009-12-10 17:16, Tai Won On wrote:
The were 2 lunatics there that fit that description. Both shall remain nameless.

ha ha ha
Crazy MFers.
so did you call in sick the next day?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

I hear the lunatics (who I believe both made it to work the next morning, after the 16 rums) met up at Smuggler's Cove last night
to finish the first 20 Rumbustion Rums, so that they could become Disciples of the Cove together.

I've been told, it was quite adorable when the two lunatics tipped back the last of the 20th rum in unison.

Sounds kind of creepy to me.

On 2009-12-11 11:52, Iniquitiki wrote:

I hear the lunatics (who I believe both made it to work the next morning, after the 16 rums) met up at Smuggler's Cove last night
to finish the first 20 Rumbustion Rums, so that they could become Disciples of the Cove together.

I've been told, it was quite adorable when the two lunatics tipped back the last of the 20th rum in unison.

Sounds kind of creepy to me.

Yes, I heard the ceremony was very tender and heartwarming. Hence the nickname, Snuggler's Cove.

T

Congrats to the two lunatics... I mean to the first two Disciples of the Cove! (I assume they are the first?)

On 2009-12-07 22:54, Humuhumu wrote:
... I can't pass up a good queue.

Me neither, but only at Pho restaurants.

-Weird Unc

J

On 2009-12-11 15:14, thejab wrote:
Congrats to the two lunatics... I mean to the first two Disciples of the Cove! (I assume they are the first?)

And then there were three! :wink:

I'll be making a road trip up to Smuggler's Cove this Saturday from the LA area. I hope to be there when they open and then close the place down! If any of the Bay Area tiki savages are around, please stop on by, I'd love to meet you or see old friends. If you want to buy me a drink, even better! Hey, I'm worth it. :wink:

Bastard.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

If anyone is interested, I'm live streaming and tweeting my road trip to Smuggler's Cove and Hangar One Vodka this weekend, all weekend long: http://tikigeeki.com/sctrip.php

The map will update itself every 2 minutes. Tweets will stream live too. The path on the map won't update, refresh for that, but zoom in and watch the map update where I'm at. Pics will be posted in the twitter feed too. This is how a tiki geek does it! :wink:

Pages: 1 31 replies