Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Who is Cross?

Pages: 1 8 replies

The artist, I mean.

I bought these two lovely framed lithos at a friend's moving sale: a wahine and a kane weaving a hat.

I searched TC and Googled the name "Cross" combined with various other terms (Hawaii, painter, etc.) but I haven't been able to find any info. Anyone? A first name would be a big help.

Sweet Tiki Daddy -this question has eluded me for awhile as well.I have three Cross
pictures.I have your two plus a topless gal I will take a pic and post when I have
a chance.I know they are from the 50's , so far that's all I know .What did you pay
if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I bought them from a friend along with a lot of other stuff for a lump sum and he gave me a deal, but I think he was going to price them at $50 for the pair if I didn't take them.

That's a steal of a price .I really dig these .The straw hat boy rendering was
originally done by Edgar Leeteg .I have one out of the frame and the paper is
very unique look and texture to it.The colors are vivid with no fade .Tough to
take a pic because it has been in a roll since I got it.Here are several quickie
pics until I have the time to take better ones .
Without a doubt my favorite of the three.
Aloha

M

I also have 2 of these. I'll have to dig them out and take a photo - I think mine are different from these three. I assume that these were meant to look like black velvets, but I have only seen the lithographs. Anyone ever seen an actual velvet by Cross?

Mo-Eye post some pics of your Cross Hawaii when you get a chance .
I believe I have seen the straw hat boy in a Cross velvet if I am
not mistaken.

On 2009-11-29 13:58, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Well, I bought them from a friend along with a lot of other stuff for a lump sum and he gave me a deal, but I think he was going to price them at $50 for the pair if I didn't take them.

What "other" stuff did ya get?
any other treasures?

L

Sweet Daddy Tiki I really love those 2 pieces your friend sold ya.

I have my eye on your blog for the rest of your purchases...anything else tiki/Hawaiian in your haul?

On 2009-11-29 17:37, leleliz wrote:
...anything else tiki/Hawaiian in your haul?

here

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

blog

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2009-12-01 00:49 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies