Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

witco chairs on ebay not mine

Pages: 1 12 replies

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 2, 2009 5:21 PM

Seems like a pretty good deal if your local,buy it now even$250
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160382827736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

are these really witco?

Funky

they are witco....there were a couple of them at the old chin tiki in detroit.....

yep they is witco there are 2 near the bathrooms at Hala Kahiki. These 4 are missing the cushions. Decent price but those chairs are big and heavy!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Dec 3, 2009 2:20 PM

They are in Tiki Modern with a photo of the wooden chair and a drawing of the chair. I would so love one but being in Michigan won't help that out.

On 2009-12-06 09:22, Unga Bunga wrote:
Looks like Aztec.

It is noteworthy that, in the only only catalog photo I have found of this baby, from 1968, it is actually called "Female Tiki Chair". Witco did not use the Tiki moniker that often:

Can someone please grab that group photo of e-bay and post it here? The problem with those weathered chairs is not only that they lack the upholstery, but they lack love. As I mentioned to David recently, the same Witco piece can look quite different, depending on which employee swung the chain saw at the time.

Even the one I found at the Chin Tiki was a little weak in the leg part:

I really want one, too, but it has to be a good one, like this one:

I like the blue/gold Tapa fabric better than the loud-color flower one, too. Note that not only the seat cushion is missing on the e-bay ones, but the strip on the chair back, which seems important to separate the hair.

I don't think they made the unisex version as shown in the sketch:

And the chairs at the Kahiki are not Tiki Vahine chair, sorry, Jack:

I live near Tulare, I made an offer, been coutered, not much less than sell for price, I don't have the room for them, wife hates them, what should I do?

Thanks, Boris. Yeah: Though these ones are undoubtedly great pieces of pop art, in comparison to the ones above their proportions and expressions are less appealing. They look like a bunch of church chairs, depicting natives who have been chastised by the missionaries.

Yup, these are the classic hated-by-wifey items. I would wait for a Witco piece that is really worth having to deal with an antagonized spouse . :D

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 6, 2009 2:37 PM

On 2009-12-06 10:32, bigbrotiki wrote:

It is noteworthy that, in the only only catalog photo I have found of this baby, from 1968, it is actually called "Female Tiki Chair".

I don't think they made the unisex version as shown in the sketch:

Look to GROG like the chairs on the outside are the males, and the chairs on the inside are the females.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-12-06 14:38 ]

Here are a few more shot for you bigbro- I know where these live! Remember that Squiggy fountain?

Pages: 1 12 replies