Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me identify this mug please

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Any idea where this mug is from? It has no markings...

Thanks,

Beth

I have definitely seen that design before, probably on here.
I hope someone can help more than I!!

Beth,

I'm pretty sure that's from the Mauna Loa in Mexico, although its a little different the Taboo Dan's:

But just like the one found by Sweet Daddy T.

Also looks like the one in the menu Bigbro posted.

DC

The handle's a bit different from mine (and the color, of course). I believe this style was also used at Ren Clark's Polynesian Village.

Sweet Daddy Tiki,

You are right. Here is a shot of the Ren Clark mug I posted from ebay a while back. The bottom was marked however.

DC

T

Thanks, it does look a lot like the Mauna Loa Mexico one. I'm just surprised no one here has one?

(spelling edit oops!)

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2009-12-05 07:46 ]

BK

Did you find that in the wild, Beth, or fleabay?

H

Beth, I have one just like yours but mine is chocolate brown and it says Mauna Loa, Mex on the bottom.

T

On 2009-12-05 06:02, Big Kahuna wrote:
Did you find that in the wild, Beth, or fleabay?

e-Bay... I know it's a bad thing...

Thanks for the info Hiltiki!

BK

Ebay can be good, too. I bought 5 things, last week, including a Trader Vic's plate ( Buy It Now $7.99) & a second chance offer on that Mauna Loa plate. It's all good. I just try not to overpay.

Anyone help me out with this mug? It's very detailed and the glaze is similar to other Spurlin pieces I have but the only thing I can find on it is on Tikiroom.net in the unknown section page 4, #52, Hawaiianstyle55 says "it's one of ours", I don't know who he worked for but it seems at one point he was also known as Tikitrader and not held in very high regard.
Hope it's Spurlin.

[ Edited by: TennesseeTiki 2010-01-26 15:03 ]

[ Edited by: TennesseeTiki 2010-01-26 15:22 ]

Here's a group I can't find any info on. I just found the third mug of this four-mug set, pictured on page 47 or Tiki Quest.

Who made these, and why? Anybody know??

These are the smaller versions. Still missing the one with the blue eyelids.

Those mugs were made by Westpac. Sometimes they still have their "Westpac Japan" foil label on the bottom. They come in two sizes. I have a set of all four of the smaller size.

COOL! Thanks Sabu!

Pages: 1 13 replies