Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

House of Tiki store, Orange County, CA

Pages: 1 15 replies

S

FYI

For all us tiki lovers in So Cal, there is a terrific store in Costa Mesa called The House of Tiki. It's directly across from Triangle Square Mall on Newport Blvd and 19th street. It's run by a great guy named Wes Johnson.

The shop isn't huge, but it's crammed to the ceiling with amazing tropical stuff: Tiki Farm mugs, tropical furniture, accessories, Shag books, tiki bars, decor and, of course, locally carved tikis. It's been open for a year and now gets a good local crowd. The House of Tiki is open Tuesday - Sunday.

Also, a couple blocks futher west on Newport Blvd, there is Copa Cobana, an up-scale tropical furniture outlet. Just a couple places to stop by whenever you're in the area.

Thanks Squawker~

Wes is a very cool guy.

His member name here on Tiki Central is "1morelapu-lapu".

His webpage is here.

Pictures from he 40th birthday party that we all were at are here.
Thanks again!

I'll Put In On My Schedule!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-04-23 18:00 ]

DZ

Wes' TC name is actually "1morelapu-lapu"."Horizon Mambo" is Marcus Pizzuti...

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-04-23 17:58 ]

C

It is a great little shop with some very fun Tiki items. I was there a couple months ago when I was out in Newport Beach visiting friends. They weren't real keen on shipping items, though. It was like pulling teeth. I eventually persuaded them, but at a high cost considering I purchased around $300+ worth of tiki items. (Tiki isn't exactly "in" here in Wisconsin, so you have to buy it where you find it).

Anyway, it was a great store with some super-fun tiki stuff.

Happy TIKI shopping

There's a tiki bar in Sunset Beach?

S

I didn't realize Wes was a member (he didn't mention to me whenever I rapped with him at his store). That's great to hear.

Hopefully whenever the next local TC event occurs, I'll be available to attend. Laney mentioned something about organizing an Orange County tour of our personal tiki habitats (both of us are working on ours)early in the summer.

Something to think about...

I thought House of Tiki was on Adams in H.b. That's what Tiki_Bong told me.

Bong told me everything was on Adams. Rodeo Drive of H.B? heh, heh
Hey Rev, I'm coming by your shop Friday afternoon around 4:30. See you then, if you're going to be there.

I guess you won't be there. Shop closed on Friday.

S

Wes' House of Tiki is on Newport Blvd and 19th Street in Costa Mesa - directly across from Triangle Square. You can't miss it. I mean, there's tiki painted all over the facade.

To the best of my knowledge, unless he changed his hours this week (I was just there last Thursday), the store is open Tuesday - Sunday (closed Mondays). If you're going to drop over there this Friday, let me know when. I have "writer's hours" and can usually rearrange my schedule to stop by the store (any excuse to go there).

MB

huh?
Jungletrader, you can catch him in the workshop across the lot.
Aloha.

Jungle.

I'll be there in the afternoon. Just ask anyone in the lot and they will point you to my workshop. The Bamboo Ben Store is on Yorktown (and no-one will be there unless you find me) on the front but my workshop is on the other side down a few. I got this big ass custom 35' bar I made for a Getty son who is making a movie at his pad in Hollywood Hills called "Whiplash" that they are picking up Fri. afternoon. I'll be out all morning.

P.S. Slacker, we're having a 20% off (except raw goods) all sale this Sat. & Sun. @ 712 Yorktown Ave. in H.B. just west of Beach if you are interested. You're best bet would be to come round noonish Sat or Sun., at the store, right on Yorktown, you can't miss it, just ask anyone, in the area.

Aloooooooooooooooooooha!

lucky, BEHAVE!!!, i'm always watching........and i really did discover sams.....just like colombus and america...

I was waiting for you to see that.

Oh you two are so flippen cute it makes me want to PUKE!;>(

I missed getting over there Ben, but I will get down there again in a couple months. Work out the details then, see ya'.

Pages: 1 15 replies