Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Humuhumu in Seattle, 12/10-12/13

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

Aloha! I'm going to be back in the ol' hometown next weekend to see family. Saturday & Sunday are shaping up to be family days, but I'm hoping to hit the town a bit and see friends on Thursday & Friday. A lot has changed since I was last in town--in particular, I'm looking forward to checking out Vessel, Zig Zag, and of course Hula Hula. Which places would be better to hit on Thursday instead of Friday, and vice versa? I'm leaning towards the cocktail-geek places Thursday, and Hula Hula on Friday. I'd love to see folks, and even maybe get a chance to meet some of the newer Seattle people.

RR

Try Zig Zag when Murray Stenson is there
Liberty at 517 15th Ave has great cocktails/ Andrew Friedman is the man
Spur Gastropub and their new place Tavern Law are good
Vessel opens at 4pm, so you can hit it early

W

I just saw this and see that tomorrow's the tenth. I'd guess that Monkeyskull and Mr. & Mrs. Dogbytes would probably be the best of the locals to contact directly about the fancy bars.

I've never gone to any of them and due to my low tastes, cynical nature, and thin wallet have never really had any interest.

Hula Hula is "better" earlier in the evening before the karaoke crowd pours in. But if you've already seen Hula Hula there's no reason to go out of your way for it.

D

if you're on the eastside: check out Chantanee!

while you're here, i'll be in SF and checking out Martin's new place!

have fun!

H

The planley, stanleys, is to hit Zig Zag tonight, say around 7 or 8pm. May head to Vessel later.

Haven't been to Hula Hula yet, so I have to go check it out, probably on Friday. Thanks so much for the tips on other places!

If you're game for meeting up somewhere, follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/humuhumu) to find out where we are.

I really do miss you wonderful Seattle people, and I hope I'll get to see some of you!

Humu, Murray will light up your tastebuds, he is such the master. The two times we were there, I watched his every move like a med student watching a brain surgeon. Not only that, he's quite the nice guy and modest too. Have a great time there!

I'd also heartily recommend you pay a visit to the Knee High Stocking Company. Murray told me about the place and it was terrific. It's a speakeasy style place. Just find the porch light at the corner of the building and press the door buzzer. We were treated like regulars from the moment we stepped in.

Garsh, I wanna go back... :(

Pages: 1 5 replies