Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Be cautious ordering from Tikimaster during the holidays

Pages: 1 1 replies

I ordered some Hawaiian Santa cards, a hula ornament and a tiki from Tikimaster a few weeks ago. The tiki arrived a week ago and was fine. Yesterday I got another box with different cards and a different ornament. No note in the box and I got no email from them. I emailed them and finally did get this response:

"I apologize for the inconvenience. We ran out of the santa cards, because of the Christmas time sensitivity we took the next best selection as an executive decision."

I really would have liked an email telling me about this right when they realized they were out of something. I would have cancelled the order. And it was not one thing they ran out of, it was two.

They have offered to send me a mailing label and a refund. Fair enough. I am sure they are good people and have filled thousands of orders correctly. But if they are too busy to shoot me an email or drop a note in my box they are too overwhelmed to have a web site still running during Christmas season and should shut down orders until the holidays are done. If you go to their site they still will allow you to put both items I ordered into your cart. I am just warning people to maybe stay away till things calm down and they fix their inventory system.

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Dec 11, 2009 1:57 PM

......executive decision?!!? WTF?

One reasonable idea for them: Provide a space for the customer to list alternate choices in case something sells out. Just an idea :wink:

Pages: 1 1 replies