Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

truly unique shag art piece

Pages: 1 13 replies

JJ

We all know Shag, Josh Angle. We know his art, his talent and how many people are called to it. Here we have a one of a kind formerly valid real vanity license plate that reads SHAG IT. We've all felt that way at some time or another, but someone applied and received this plate, used it for years and then sold it to me on ebay. I caught up with SHAG at Wacko and he was generous enough to sign the plate and draw a tiki drink on it.

I need money towards rent, so here's your opportunity to own this one of a kind collectible. Jah Bless and maybe see you at Tiki Ti tonight. I can bring this with me if you want me to, so be in touch! You can also email me directly at [email protected] .

Jah Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370308677326&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

JJ

The auction on the SHAG IT license plate, signed and drawn on by SHAG, ends in 1 1/2 hours. It's got 17 people watching it but won't sell at the extremely low price where it presently sits. I hope some of you are going to use esnipe.com to bid on it in the last minute. Thanks and blessings to all. Jim

T

Buy It Now for $1212. That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.

JJ

Hey TikiPug. I'm VERY glad to provide you with the best laugh of your day. You must really have laughed your ass off when Shag sold 999 6" by 6" pieces of work @ $999.00 each, and many other pieces at the same show for prices up to $35,000, grossing something like 1,250,000 in one nights sales. Hilarious, isn't it?

For the rest of you, I have relisted it at a lower price and will listen to serious offers. Jah bless you all.

I would be amazed if you got that price. Well, not totally amazed I guess, I've seen crazy stuff on ebay throughout the years. But basically what you have is a Shag autograph, isn't it? I mean, is it that different than the signature he signs all of his prints with? I also have a couple of books signed by him... for free. Now I understand that he did a quick little sketch, but you think the sketch is worth more than one of his $999 paintings? Esthetically, I don't think the average buyer would prefer a license plate of Mississippi on the wall with a faint, 2 second sketch and signature on his wall as opposed to an actually painting from Shag.

But who knows, maybe the ultimate Shag collector needs this, the one thing they don't have in their Shag collection. It's on ebay for the world to bid, I guess we'll find out.

I hope you let us know what it goes for, if you accept a lower bid. I really am curious about this.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-12-23 21:38 ]

T

On 2009-12-23 19:19, Jah Jim wrote:
Hey TikiPug. I'm VERY glad to provide you with the best laugh of your day. You must really have laughed your ass off when Shag sold 999 6" by 6" pieces of work @ $999.00 each, and many other pieces at the same show for prices up to $35,000, grossing something like 1,250,000 in one nights sales. Hilarious, isn't it?

Here is the difference: that is artwork he created. Nothing funny about that. What is funny is that you think because he signed a red-neck license plate, it's worth over $1000. I too have books signed by Shag and he has doodled in them also. I guess I should list them at $2000.

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2009-12-23 22:57 ]

T

I think it should be worth only that 20$ it sits at now. An artist doesn't sign your pieces so you can make money off it, they do it to say thank you for being a fan.

Donate it to Tiki Ti , then you can write it off for $5000!

I like Unga Bunga's idea. :)

JJ

I already shared at least 25 plates with the Tiki Ti, but thanks for the suggestion.

T

On 2009-12-19 12:13, Jah Jim wrote:
We all know Shag, Josh Angle.

Is Shag a right angle or an obtuse angle?

P

heh, i have a shag doodle that he signed also. it has the "666" in it. i wonder if it's worth $999? har!

H

On 2009-12-26 22:42, TikiPug wrote:

On 2009-12-19 12:13, Jah Jim wrote:
We all know Shag, Josh Angle.

Is Shag a right angle or an obtuse angle?

Ha! I think Jah Jim goofed in his listing. He meant to say that the plate was signed by Shang.

Whoa! A totally wacky flame war and nobody invited me??? WTF?

Perry I'd pour holy water on that 666 piece if I were you. It was obviously drawn by The AntiShag. Most people recognize The AntiShag by his evil goatee. (See example below)

Pages: 1 13 replies