Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The house is on fire.What four mugs do you take?

Pages: 1 16 replies

S

The house is on fire.You've loaded the photo albums and the cat(or dog)into the car and have only enough time to grab four mugs.One under each arm and one in each hand.What do you take?What are your four most favourite mugs in your collection?I'm more interested in your favourite design.It can have sentimental meaning,but not because it cost you a lot or because it has good re-sale value.

I was originally thinking of top three but that was too hard and figured you can carry four at once.

Here's my four;

Augie Colon by Gecko

Leaky Ku by Vantiki

Martin by The Pizz

MonkeyBrains by Munktiki

i have over 1000 tiki mugs alone, I'd burn out with the fire!!!!but I'd bring some weenie's to cook

L

If your house was on fire I would take VanTiki's also...actually where do you live? I will come by to get it as a preventative measure.

M

This was really fun, Swizzle, and difficult!

My absolute favorite--Munktiki's King Tubby

Munktiki's Monkey Brains

Babalu's Drum

Rum Demon's Banana Diablo

In a fire I'd be more worried about my carvings and such but here are a few mugs

Red White and Blue mug from The Tikis, good in this country and France or England too.

Ku & Coconut shell, two great styles that taste great together

This Handsome blue bowl because if I'm going to lose it all in a fire I'll need a bowl with a large alcohol capacity to drown the sorrows.

A

Wait a minute. Aren't mugs fired? Wouldn't they survive a house fire? Save the rum!

Bosko's cook island, and 3 Munktiki Kustomas. That's a tough one.

S

This Handsome blue bowl because if I'm going to lose it all in a fire I'll need a bowl with a large alcohol capacity to drown the sorrows.

That makes sense.Although you could just keep re-filling a smaller one.

ooOoo I always have a "the house is on fire, what do I save" plan. I'd just start chucking stuff out the windows into the bushes. I don't have a fabulous mug collection but I've got an incredible vintage furniture collection. I would try to save as many art books as possible, what about records.. aahhhh and what if the house was on fire in the middle of the night and you were naked! AAAHHH!!!

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2009-12-21 20:02 ]

LT

On 2009-12-21 08:35, naugatiki wrote:

Ku & Coconut shell, two great styles that taste great together

Save yourself some heartache - send this one my way for safe keeping. :wink:

I would mix myself a Mai Tai and go down in flames with my mugs in a display of self immolation.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23478&forum=1&vpost=299149

C
Chub posted on Mon, Dec 21, 2009 9:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrw0MXXQXyU
If the above happened I'd probably take the following...

Mauna Loa Drum Mug

Mauna Loa Cauldron Mug

Disney's Polynesian Resort Mug

and last but not least, Tiki Bob. He's not rare, but I just couldn't leave his happy face behind

[ Edited by: Chub 2009-12-21 21:47 ]

the one that contains the home owners insurance policy.

S

On 2009-12-22 07:24, TIKI DAVID wrote:
the one that contains the home owners insurance policy.

And the second one with the photos of my collection for the agent to write a check to replace them...

S

You're both just being silly.Answer the question.

Here are my four...

back:

left to right:

1. My very first mug, a yellow slim moai

2. Mt Fuji Inn mug from the only surviving Nebraska Tiki Bar in Omaha

3. White droopy tiki with a Nebraska Cornhuskers logo on the back (my ebay name is bigredtiki)

4. Hukilau 2007 mug from the only real Tiki event that I have attended.

Pages: 1 16 replies