Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Getting paddled for Christmas!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha all- CC here, sharing yet another paddle design I completed recently, just in time for the holidays! This time it's personal. Every one of us has seen those quaint little rough-hewn decorative paddles hanging around the local plastic polynesian emporium, featuring such catchy and endearing carved phrases like "Spank the Pirate," or "Idol Abuser" (well OK, maybe not exactly like that, but you get the general idea). Anyway, I thought that it was high time to somewhat transform one of these indispensible, yet painfully generic novelties into something with a bit more distiguishing visual impact-
And so, I give to you the "Island Submariner," a paddle that obviously relishes the opportunity to take a dip in the salty brine- even if it's only on the rim of a cocktail glass!

Happy Holidays-

Christopher C-

[ Edited by: flaskgrasper 2009-12-22 18:00 ]

Very nice CC, but please tell me that isn't yellow plastic rope :) Just seems that a jute rope would go better with that beautiful artwork.

Oh no, my friend, that rope is not of the plastic variety. It is the original hemp-style rope that was already on the paddle. It was sprayed lime green to complement the color scheme in the rest of the layout-

:D

Pages: 1 3 replies