Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge Christmas Show 12-23-09

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

This week the theme again was the Christmas season featuring all kinds of weird and wonderful holiday tunes and unique versions of holiday classics you may have never heard before. Not all Tiki necessarily, but they did flow well together. Next week's show will feature a New Year’s theme.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 23, 2009

“Jingle Bells” by the Maddox Brothers and Rose from the Dust-to-Digital collection: Where Will You Be Christmas Day?

“I Don’t Have a Christmas Tree (Soylent Night) (High Tolerance Mix)” by Mark Mothersbaugh from the CD: Joyeux Mutato

“Hey Santa!” from the Chris Isaak Christmas CD

“Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” by the Rev. Horton Heat from his CD: We Three Kings

“Hava Nagila” by Dick Dale from the CD: King of the Surf Guitar – The Best of Dick Dale & His Del-Tones

“Sugoina” by the Tiki Tiki Bamboooos from their CD: Where Is Your Secret Spot?

“Christmas in De Tropics” The De Paur Chorus from the CD: Calypso Christmas

“Santa Island” by Na Leo Pilimehana from their CD: Christmas Gift 2 (3:29)

“Santa Claus Got Stuck in My Chimney” by Ella Fitzgerald from the CD collection: Yule Be Miserable

“Mele Kalikimaka la Oe (Merry Christmas to You)” by George Kuo from the CD: Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas

“Remember Me, Santa” by Eddie Kamae and The Sons of Hawaii from their CD Christmas Time

“Exotic Night” by Martin Denny from the CD: Christmas Cocktails, Part Two

“I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” by Billie Holiday from the CD: Cool December

“Fairytale of New York” by The Pogues, featuring Kirsty McColl from the collection: New Wave Xmas (Dedicated to the gang at Otto’s Shrunken Head in New York City)

“I Wish You a Merry Little Christmas” by Big Dee Irwin and Little Eva from the CD: A John Waters Christmas

“Joy to the World” by Aretha Franklin from the CD: Let It Snow

“Silent Night” from the The John Fahey Christmas Album

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2009-12-24 19:06 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies