Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Jesus LOVES Tiki

Pages: 1 15 replies

J

Is this in bad taste?

But then what do you expect from a sub-culture that celebrates "pagan idolatry" ?

We're all going to Hell. :D

Merry X-Mas !!

Update - Hey, I noticed this was already posted. Art by Swamp Fire - http://swampfirelounge.com/. Nice !! I'm ordering mine right now. They should sell these at the Vatican gift shop.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-01-02 22:58 ]

According to what I have studied, I am pretty sure he would have hung out with us.

TK

aaahahahaha that is flipping funny.

Jesus looks like a Hippy,
and God Knows Hippys and Tiki don't mix.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

H

On 2009-12-25 13:15, JOHN-O wrote:
Is this in bad taste?

It depends upon what is in the Tiki mug.

yeah hopefully no Bacardi.
:o

Jeff(btd)

TS

On 2009-12-25 20:03, bigtikidude wrote:
Jesus looks like a Hippy,
and God Knows Hippys and Tiki don't mix.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Thats a misconception, Mr. Longhair! :lol: ...Most hippies owned the California pottery businesses in the 60's-80s, and so tiki and hippies are connected, right Holden? :P Happy Holidays everyone!
Now let me go enjoy my Ben n' Jerrys "Friki Tiki" ice cream!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-12-25 21:13 ]

All Hail Doug Horne!

"Is this in bad taste?" Oh my tiki, some would say we specialize in bad taste. Let's toast them with our rum and eggnog!

Jesus was the first Mixologist.... he turned water into Wine.

Pikey - that was VERY clever! Kudos!

I think some Xtians might be offended by "Xmas" though! Even though it is derived from a Greek symbol from something like 1021 which glorifies Christos, SOME (i.e., the uneducated) feel that the "X" in Xmas is "x-ing out" the Christ in Christmas! Of course, then there's this new group of "theologins" who believe the accounts of Jesus in the bible make him look like a "softie" - not the son of a vengeful God! Man, re-writing history since time inmemorium!

Technically for believers, it would be Jesus LOVES tiki (present tense).

Personally, La Verandah thought the picture made the mug appear like a much more appealing version of the Holy Grail.

J

Actually with apologies to Doug Horne, "Jesus Loves Tiki" is the correct name for the piece.

Funny, I did a Google image search on "Jesus Tiki" (with it being Christmas day and all) just to see what would come up. Afterward I realized it was Swamp Fire's art when I applied the same search criteria on the TC site.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-01-02 22:57 ]

Bad,Bad John-O, Bad...No fruit cup for you!

C

Maybe it belong in the "World leaders and their tikis" thread.

B

On 2010-01-04 06:34, captnkirk wrote:
Maybe it belong in the "World leaders and their tikis" thread.

I think it's already there - but "world leader?"

Pages: 1 15 replies