Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 12-30-09 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

This week the theme was New Year’s – ringing out the old and ringing in the new while dancing up a storm to a Latin beat later in the show. For the next two weeks I will be away but the station will be broadcasting two of my previous shows, from November 4 and December 2.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 30, 2009

“Auld Lange Syne” from the CD: Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas Cyril Pahinui & Bob Brozman

“Hello Mr. New Year” by The Coolbreezers from the CD: Hipsters’ Holiday

“What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?” by Nancy Wilson from the CD: Christmas Cocktails

“Sorry to See You Go” by June Christy from the CD collection: Christmas Cocktails, Part Three

“I Concentrate on You” from the CD: Carmen McRae Sings the Great American Songwriters

“Sure Had a Wonderful Time” by Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five from the CD box set of the same name/Disc C: 1944-1946

“There’s Frost on the Moon” by Artie Shaw from the collection: Cool December

“Everyday’s a Holiday” by Fats Waller from the CD box set: Handful of Keys: Disc Three: The Joint Is Jumping

“Happy New Year” by Lightnin’ Hopkins from the Dust-to-Digital CD: Where Will You Be Christmas Day?

“Crossing Kilauea” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from the CD: Stereoexotique

“Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me)” by Peggy Lee from Volume 1 of the Capitol Collectors Series

“Mambo Diablo” by Tito Puente from the 1985 album of the same name, released more recently as part of the two-CD set: Party at Puente’s Place – Disc Two

“Bacalao Sala’o” by Sidestepper from the CD: More Grip

“El Tiki, Tiki” by Ramon Orlando from the CD: El Tiki Tiki del Amor

“Drumming Up a Storm” by Bob Holroyd from the CD: Latin Travels: A Six Degrees Collection

Pages: 1 0 replies