Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA 2010- Official Room Crawl Thread!!!

Pages: 1 35 replies

B

Aloha all!!

Well, we're hard at work making this years Ohana kick even more amounts of ass, and as those of you who were there know, the crawl was one of the most kickingest parts of the weekend (Those who are joining us for the first time this year, just wait...its out of this world)

So, of course we're gonna do it again!!

Hep should be on here soon to help, but in the mean time, if you're interested in hosting, just pop a reply on here. We'll work out times & drinks & everything else in the coming weeks.

Super huge mahalos to those who hosted last year (holy Aloha-spirit!!), and I hope to see all of you (and maybe some new folks as well!) hosting this year.

See ya at the Lake!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2010-01-08 11:45 ]

We want to host!

the md/dc/va/pa contingent says ohyezzzzzzzzzzz

plus rugbymatt's inevitable cigar lanai, of course.

Totally in for a repeat. I think we even have the same room...

We're getting a smaller room this year, so no hosting for me and Andy.

I will, however, offer up my services as a bar-back to any of the rooms that need some help.

B

I think I just want you as my personal valet & mixologist, Chip. Follow me around all weekend with a travel bar... How cheap are you willing to work?

On 2010-01-11 08:48, Bargoyle wrote:
I think I just want you as my personal valet & mixologist, Chip. Follow me around all weekend with a travel bar... How cheap are you willing to work?

Will work for Rum!

H
Hep posted on Thu, Jan 14, 2010 6:54 PM

Aloha!

I’ve offered to help Bargoyle organize the room crawl for Ohana 2010. We hope to make it even better than last year’s -- which was pretty awesome, as far as I can remember.

The basic structure will remain the same: Three room crawl blocks, alternating with band sets by the pool.

However, we are considering one big change in grouping the room blocks by location. For example, all the main-building rooms may be grouped in one block, with poolside building rooms in another.

This should help to reduce the number of trips you’ll have to make up and down the hill between the buildings. Plus, it will prevent the possibility of some hosts being the “odd room out” if the rest of the rooms in their block are in the other building.

We also plan to have the room crawl cards prepared when you check in at Ohana, so that you’ll have all the details you need not to miss a room -- or cocktail!

If you wish to host an Ohana room crawl suite, send me an email at [email protected]. Please write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line.

Please include your name, cocktail selection and a cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George. I’ll also need to know if you’re in the main or poolside building, or if you have one of the main-building suites with an outdoor patio. You can check with the Tiki Resort to get that info at (518) 668-5744.

I’ll post updates here and also keep hosts informed on the room crawl plans via email.

Mahalo for taking part in the Ohana room crawl. I look forward to seeing you over cocktails at the Tiki in Lake George!

On 2010-01-08 16:23, Johnny Dollar wrote:
the md/dc/va/pa contingent says ohyezzzzzzzzzzz

plus rugbymatt's inevitable cigar lanai, of course.

I believe you meant "incomparable cigar lanai", right?

This year we will be smoking purely for enjoyment and not just to keep warm though. Plus they will help keep the mosquitos away.

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2010-01-21 12:25 ]

P

Primo Kimo and the Punch Machine. Waaaaay over the top.

I was just looking at the glasses we collected from the last one. All intact.
I remember being in johnman's room as the last stop of the night and I said to him "Man, I through Rain was gonna be here. I really wanted to meet him."

"He's right next to you."
That was a cool moment.

Crawl, both visionaries and vassals! Crawl like the wind, I say!

Top notch room crawl.

Each and every one of them over the top and spectacular.

Really looking forward to doing it all over again, in the warmth of June!

H
Hep posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 8:35 AM

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to host for the Ohana 2010 room crawl. Assuming that we'll have a total of 12 rooms like last year, we are halfway there!

Here are the hosts to date:

Leisure Master and Birdgirl
Professor Pineapple
VelveteenLounge and CaptainQuad
Waitiki
The FOM Kokoru chapter
The FOM Kon-Tiki chapter

Again, the room crawl blocks will be determined by which building the host room is in at the Tiki.

If you wish to host one of the remaining rooms, send me an email at [email protected]. Please write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line.

Please include your name, cocktail selection and a cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George. I’ll also need to know if you’re in the main or poolside building, or if you have one of the main-building suites with an outdoor patio. You can check with the Tiki Resort to get that info at (518) 668-5744.

We had a blast serving and hanging out with everyone last year... Count the Kahiki Chapter in again!!

~Skully

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2010-02-06 12:33 ]

H
Hep posted on Sun, Feb 7, 2010 8:34 AM

We have some exciting Ohana Room Crawl news. The fine folks at Folly Cove Rum have offered to provide us with official room crawl glasses!

This generous offer from Folly Cove, a returning sponsor, means that room crawl hosts don’t have to purchase their own cocktail glassware. Instead, you can spend your money on more important things like booze, garnishes, room décor and, um, booze.

The commemorative glasses will feature the Ohana Luau at the Lake 2010 and Folly Cove logos, as well as the names of the various room crawl rooms printed on them.

Each person attending Ohana will receive one room crawl glass. We hope that this will keep you from having to juggle a number of glasses from different rooms, like last year.

We are working on a system for rinsing your glass between rooms. If all else fails, there’s always the pool. (Kidding!)

A question for the room crawl hosts: What size and style of glass do you think would work best? Please share your thoughts on this thread or via the above email address. (Personally, I’m thinking an Old-Fashioned glass might do the trick.)

In other Ohana Room Crawl news, two more rooms have been claimed, courtesy of the FOM Kahiki and Red Palms chapters. That leaves just four more rooms available!

Those guys at Ryan & Wood Distilleries are awesome!

H
Hep posted on Tue, Feb 16, 2010 5:30 PM

We’ve got three Ohana: Luau at the Lake 2010 Room Crawl host slots left -- and three final chances to get your name on the commemorative room crawl glass!

Ohana’s official cocktail glass will be a Double Old Fashioned glass emblazoned with the Ohana 2010 and Folly Cove Rum logos, as well as the names of each group hosting a room crawl room.

The glasses and printing are being provided by Folly Cove, one of many returning sponsors for Ohana’s second big year at the Tiki Resort in Lake George, NY.

Here’s an updated list of the Ohana room crawl hosts to date:

Professor Pineapple
Waitiki
The FOM Gumbo Limbo chapter
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter
The FOM Kon-Tiki chapter
The FOM Red Palms chapter

Hosts should email their graphics at the highest possible resolution to (edited at the Captn's request)

If you’re interested in hosting one of the remaining rooms, please send me an email at [email protected]. Please write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line and include your contact information.

For more information on Ohana: Luau at the Lake 2010, visit the Web site at http://luauatthelake.com/

[ Edited by: Hep 2010-05-12 15:09 ]

LOOKING FOR A ROOM CRAWL CO-HOST

WORLD PREMIER OF THE INCREDIBLE JAYNE MANSFIELD WITCH DOCTOR EXPERIENCE. I just signed up to host a room and am very pleased to announce that my room will feature the World Premiere of the Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience, the most amazing exotic drink dispenser in captivity. More on that in a moment.

I am looking for someone to co-host this room with me. While I have a really cool drink dispenser, I don't have much in the way of tiki accouterments to decorate the room. If you do, and are interesting in co-hosting, please send me a PM.

Now back to Jayne. This creation stands about four feet tall, is motorized, has its own light show, and other surprises. It is way over the top. It will contain a pretty good cocktail, too.

There is a legend behind this artifact. I inherited it from my great, great, great uncle, a hunter an explorer of some note who discovered it sometime around 1875 while hacking through the jungles of Fangataufa, a remote atoll in French Polynesia. He came across an abandoned witch doctor training camp and found it in a fire pit. Evidently, the witch doctors used it as a demonstration pot to train their students.

It has now been refurbished for modern day use. The cocktail in this liquor dispenser at the room crawl? The Black Magic, of course.

Heh heh - sounds phenomenal! I just hope the MC can keep his faculties together after a day/evening of room crawlin'. Well, if you can't decipher the room numbers when they are being read off...just look for the rooms with a bunch of people spilling out of the door (literally). You'll be in the right place.

Looking forward to another great event!

H
Hep posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2010 8:20 AM

Much like the Super Friends or Justice League of America, Professor Pineapple and dcman are teaming up to host a room.

Here’s an updated list of the Ohana room crawl hosts:

Boom Boom Room
"Pineapple Lounge" - Professor Pineapple and dcman
WAITIKI
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter
The FOM Kon-Tiki chapter
The FOM Red Palms chapter

We are good with Ohana Room Crawl glass logos from the current hosts, according to Capt'n Skully.

Two slots still available. Please let me know if you'd like to host a room: [email protected]

H
Hep posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2010 8:44 AM

Thanks to the fine folks at Kahiki Foods, you won't go hungry at the Ohana Room Crawl!

Kahiki is providing food to be served during the room crawl. Pupus will be served free in the Paradise Lounge from 6-9 pm. The items being served at different times will vary, so you'll probably want to make several trips to the lounge.

Just be sure to save room for booze. :wink:

Also, it appears that some themes are emerging for the various rooms on the crawl. Here's the updated list:

Boom Boom Room
"Pineapple Lounge" - Professor Pineapple, dcman and Cosmogirl
WAITIKI
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter
"The Undersea World of crazyassbrainfish" - FOM Kon-Tiki chapter
"The Red Palms Rumpus Room" - FOM Red Palms chapter

On 2010-03-13 08:44, Hep wrote:
Thanks to the fine folks at Kahiki Foods, you won't go hungry at the Ohana Room Crawl!

Kahiki is providing food to be served during the room crawl. Pupus will be served free in the Paradise Lounge from 6-9 pm. The items being served at different times will vary, so you'll probably want to make several trips to the lounge.

Also, it appears that some themes are emerging for the various rooms on the crawl. Here's the updated list:

Boom Boom Room
WAITIKI
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter

Well, add a theme to my room, too. It is "The Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience - the most amazing exotic drink dispenser in captivity" It's a jaw dropper, and not to be missed!

On 2010-03-13 08:44, Hep wrote:

Boom Boom Room
WAITIKI
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter

Well, add a theme to my room, too. It is "The Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience - the most amazing exotic drink dispenser in captivity" It's a jaw dropper, and not to be missed!

H
Hep posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 8:58 AM

On 2010-03-19 20:50, Boom Boom Room wrote:

Done!

"The Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience - the most amazing exotic drink dispenser in captivity" - Boom Boom Room
WAITIKI
The FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter

H
Hep posted on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 6:29 AM

This is your last chance to be immortalized as part of Ohana history!

Next week is the deadline for Capt'n Skully to submit art for the commemorative Ohana Room Crawl glass, which will feature the names of each group hosting a room on the crawl. So if you've been thinking about hosting a room, now is the time to throw your hat (or fez) into the ring.

Of course, you can still sign up to host after next week. But you will miss out on having your name or logo on the official, keepsake Double Rocks Glass of Ohana: Luau at the Lake 2010.

If you want to grab one of the last remaining room crawl slots, please email me at [email protected]. Be sure to write “Ohana Room Crawl” in the subject line.

Please email your graphics for the glass to (edited at the Captn's request)

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Hep 2010-05-12 15:10 ]

H
Hep posted on Sat, Apr 24, 2010 8:38 AM

Add one more host to the list for the Ohana Room Crawl!

Aloha!!! Bronco and Kitten Murphy are in!! We are going to be serving a "Classic Gin and Tonic" in our Swankified poolside suite.

That leaves us with just one available slot. If you'd like to make it yours, please drop me a line at [email protected]

Here's the updated list:

Boom Boom Room
"Luxe Couture" - Bronco and Kitten Murphy
"A Morning After" - VelveteenLounge, CaptainQuad, Kristiki and Rev Thumper
WAITIKI
"Kahiki Fires" - FOM Kahiki chapter
The FOM Kokoru chapter

[ Edited by: Hep 2010-04-25 05:31 ]

[ Edited by: Hep 2010-05-02 15:48 ]

Mahalo to the Room Crawl Hosts for getting graphics submitted in a timely fashion! I can't wait to see all the rooms this year and taste the mighty libations!!

H
Hep posted on Sun, May 23, 2010 6:02 AM

Here is the Ohana Room Crawl schedule!

We are scheduling the crawl blocks by building location. We are starting with the smallest block of rooms, in the main building, to allow people time to enjoy the free Kahiki Foods pupus from 6-9 p.m. in the Paradise Lounge.

Ohana Room Crawl - Friday, June 25

5-6 pm: Bamboo Saxotica (poolside)

6-9 pm: Free Kahiki Foods buffet (Paradise Lounge)

6-7:30 pm: Room Crawl first wave (main building)
"The Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience" - Boom Boom Room
"A Morning After" - VelveteenLounge, CaptainQuad, Kristiki and Rev Thumper
WAITIKI

7:30-8:30 pm: 9th Wave (poolside)

8:30-10 pm: Room Crawl second wave (patio suites)
"Hon O' Lulu" - FOM Kokoru chapter

10-11 p.m.: The Ghosts (poolside)

11pm-12:30 am: Room Crawl third wave (poolside building)
FOM Gumbo Limbo chapter
"Luxe Couture" - Bronco and Kitten Murphy
"Kahiki Fires" - FOM Kahiki chapter

B

While the rooms are correct, the band listing is pretty much 100% changed. lol.

sorry Hep, meant to get ya a new schedule!!

Just get there early everyone, and prepare to be surprised!!! :wink:

H
Hep posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2010 5:36 PM

Here is the final schedule for the Ohana Room Crawl!

5-6 pm: Francis Llacuna (poolside)

6-9 pm: Kahiki Foods buffet (Paradise Lounge)

6-7:30 pm: Room Crawl first wave (main building):

“The Incredible Jayne Mansfield Witch Doctor Experience”
Boom Boom Room

“A Morning After"
VelveteenLounge, CaptainQuad, Kristiki and Rev Thumper

“Grogue: The Other White Rum”
WAITIKI

7:30-8:30 pm: Bamboo Saxotica (poolside)

8:30-10 pm: Room Crawl second wave (patio suites):

“Alien Resistance Movement”

"Hon O' Lulu"
FOM Kokoru chapter

"The Undersea World of crazyassbrainfish"
FOM Kon-Tiki chapter, Gig and Kiki Leeka

"The Red Palms Rumpus Room"
FOM Red Palms chapter

10-11 pm: Kahiki Serenaders (poolside)

11 pm-12:30 am: Room Crawl third wave (poolside building):

“Electric Luauland”
FOM Gumbo Limbo chapter

"Luxe Couture"
Bronco and Kitten Murphy

"Kahiki Fires"
FOM Kahiki chapter

"Pineapple Lounge"
Professor Pineapple, dcman, cosmogirl and Mikernak

B

There it is!!!

That should be the locked in final schedule. (Sorry for the earlier confusion folks. That was completely my fault. Good save Hep!)

Its gonna be one hell of a night!

Be sure to get there early so we can get you checked in, and you don't miss any of the rooms or fantastic bands!

Not to mention the gnoshables generously donated by Kahiki Foods.

oh, and on that note, the Kahiki Foods pu-pus are just a little snack. You will probably want to eat something of substance BEFORE starting the crawl. So grab an early dinner, and we'll see ya at the Lake!!

On 2010-06-09 17:36, Hep wrote:
Here is the final schedule for the Ohana Room Crawl!

11 pm-12:30 am: Room Crawl third wave (poolside building):

“Electric Luauland”
FOM Gumbo Limbo chapter

Our shirts glow in the dark!

B

You should really change your diet. I mean, I don't think that's very healthy...

oooooh, SHIRTS.....

nevermind.

Training for the room crawl begins tonight... hopefully I will be ready for the big event next Friday!

Off to get ice...

:drink:

Having a couple of Blue Monkees now just to prep myself...:)

Are we there yet???

[ Edited by: Kamaina Kraig 2010-06-19 13:51 ]

Wow! That was fun! We missed a couple of the rooms because we were working our room, but from what I did see.....

Alien Abduction Theories and Tin Foil Hats.
Juice.
Happy New Year!
Bear Skin Rugs.
Flo and Flo.
Volcanos.
Hula Hoops (I think she was just doing her thing, not part of a room).
Crazyassbrainfish and his underwater domain.

And that is only what I remember. I know there was a whole lot more....

And most definitely there was Crunk!

These images and many more are here: http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/photos/Ohana/

And the collection keeps growing so check back often to see more!

Inside the Alien Resistance Movement Room!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWiVIBRe_rA

Pages: 1 35 replies