Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

West Maui Tikis

Pages: 1 8 replies

S

A few pics from Kaanapali Beach and Lahaina

great mai tais here at kaanapali beach hotel

Local talent, old and new

Nice pics and big ones. Thanks for posting.

very very cool stuff!!!! thnx for sharin!!! cheerz!!

Are the new ones at the Ka'anapali Becah Hotel, also?

They are not at KBH, but they are just a leisurely stroll along the "boardwalk" away. Some are actually on the boardwalk, some you have to divert into different hotels' courtyards to see. The carvers were in Lahaina . One guy was at a craft fair, the other at a booth on the street corner.

On 2010-01-23 11:12, skootiki wrote:
They are not at KBH, but they are just a leisurely stroll along the "boardwalk" away. Some are actually on the boardwalk, some you have to divert into different hotels' courtyards to see. The carvers were in Lahaina . One guy was at a craft fair, the other at a booth on the street corner.

Nice to see! I hope the hotel owners put some stain on them to slow the weathering process!

Nice stuff, skootiki! Thanks for posting pics!

(The Yoo-hoo's plan on retracing your footprints while vacationing in the Maui, Maui Month of March! ...We hope to have a WHALE of a time!) :D

S

Aloha Yoo-hoos,
I am switching topics here, but since you mentioned whales.

This was taken from the shore by my extremely patient wife.
Have a great time.

Holy Cow! That pic is INCREDIBLE!! ...Taken from shoreline -and- you just gotta love that precise shutter timing!!! :)

Mirabile visu! I actually saw a mini whale-sighting today on this Napili webcam while pointing the cam out toward Molokai. He was too far out from shore to be dramatic like your photo, but I still thought it was sort of cool to be here in L.A. working an interactive webcam on a beach on Maui at a spot on terra firma that I will be standing on in less than two months?! Kinda cosmic, eh?! :D

Anyway, I actually stood next to that very same Tiki in your O.P. picture #8 three years ago -- my last trip to Maui. I'll get pics this time, and I also intend to stop for a Mai Tai at the Kaanapalii Beach Hotel Tiki Bar, too. (I was in a hurry last Maui trip and missed it...)

High Regards!

Pages: 1 8 replies