Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The F.O.M. Doubles Donation to The Easter Island Foundation!

Pages: 1 20 replies

C

The Fraternal Order of Moai is thrilled to announce that we have donated $3,000 The Easter Island Foundation – more than Doubling last year’s donation!!

The success of Ohana Luau at the Lake 2009, and especially our sponsors, supporters, and attendees, have allowed our continued support of The Easter Island Foundation, which promotes conservation and protection of the fragile cultural heritage of Easter Island and other Polynesian islands. The donation to the foundation will fund a Fraternal Order of Moai scholarship and youth programs on the island of Rapa Nui. To read more go to http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news

** Many Tiki Centralites donated their talents & art to these efforts, and for that we'd like to thank you for helping to make this all possible!

A BIG MAHALO to everyone who helped make this a reality!!!!**

The Easter Island Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1989, promotes conservation and protection of the fragile cultural heritage of Easter Island and other Polynesian islands. You can learn more about the Easter Island Foundation at: http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/charity The F.O.M. named the foundation as its national charity in 2008.

Please help us to continue to support the good works of the Easter Island Foundation by joining us for Ohana Luau at the Lake 2010 in Lake George, New York June 25-27, 2010!

Get more information at http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

So let me get this straight.....

I got to hang out with a bunch of friends, make a bunch of new friends, drink a bunch of drinks, listen to some great bands.... and because of all that i helped raised three-grand to help out Easter Island?

When can we do it again? 'Cause if that kind of 'work' is all it takes, sign me up for double time!

Well, Chip, brace yourself for some good news.

On 2010-01-11 19:36, rev_thumper wrote:
Well, Chip, brace yourself for some good news.

Really?

So if I party more, hang out with more friends, drink more, I can do more good? I am so there!

On 2010-01-12 05:20, Chip and Andy wrote:
So if I party more, hang out with more friends, drink more, I can do more good? I am so there!

Yes.

June 25-27.

Mark your calendar now.

I'm still kicking my self because I couldn't go last year.
I am sooo there this June.

If any of you tried to follow the links to the Easter Island Foundation in the article you might have noticed their website was down..... the offending machines have been executed, the guilty code has been punished, and the new site is under construction as I type. If all goes according to plan, about this time next week you can actually go to their site and learn more and maybe you'll even make a donation yourself.

That's great news Chip!

Nothing from the Big Stone Head? I thought he would be happy about this.

This is AWESOME !

Visiting TC and taking part in discussions and discourse is all well and good but I love this active propagation of tiki and good deeds !

This is Aloha!

B
BigD posted on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 5:28 PM

I'm very pleased to hear this & very proud to be a part of it!

"Ohana: Luau at the Lake" was a blast. Hanging with so many great folks at a cool place like the Tiki Resort was well worth the trip. Knowing that all of that fun also benefitted a great cause is a most excellent cherry on top!

Well done everybody!

On 2010-01-11 08:13, croe67 wrote:
The Fraternal Order of Moai is thrilled to announce that we have donated $3,000 The Easter Island Foundation – more than Doubling last year’s donation!!]

The Easter Island Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1989, promotes conservation and protection of the fragile cultural heritage of Easter Island and other Polynesian islands. You can learn more about the Easter Island Foundation at: http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/charity The F.O.M. named the foundation as its national charity in 2008.

Very commendable.

T

Nice to know some good came from Sully's Mystery Dance. :wink:

On 2010-01-22 09:24, Turbogod wrote:
Nice to know some good came from Sully's Mystery Dance. :wink:

I'll second that!!

TJ

This is excellent news!

I like the whole fun + charity vibe.
I'll have to check the Fraternal Order out.

On 2010-01-30 18:50, Tiki Joe wrote:
This is excellent news!

I like the whole fun + charity vibe.
I'll have to check the Fraternal Order out.

Sure paddle on over to the island and check it out. Festiki in August is just up the road in Dayton and of course Ohana at the Tiki Resort on Lake George will be awesome this year since we've moved it to June.

C

Earlier in the month, when the F.O.M. originally made this announcement, the EIF Website was unfortunately down due to unforeseeable circumstances. And it remained down for almost all of January.

I am very happy to say that The Easter Island Foundation has now launched their new & more user-friendly website - as of yesterday. They're still making some modifications & updates, but it's looking pretty good!

Check the EIF & the good works they do HERE: http://www.islandheritage.org

Please Help the FOM continue our growing support of The Easter Island Foundation by joining us at Ohana Luau at the Lake 2010 - June 25-27!!!

http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com/id1.html

Bump

Nice job.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Ohana Silent Auction last year, donators and buyers both! The Silent Auction generated the lions share of what FOM was able to donate to the E.I.F last year.

This year Ohana will have even more great stuff available so I want to throw out a challenge to everyone attending...... Lets do the PBS Pledge Drive kind of thing, minus the annoying talking people that interrupt the show, and see if we can raise $5,000. There will be more people at the event, more great stuff available, it should be easy!

Friends, Family, Food, Fun, and some more words beginning with F that it is too early in the moring for me to come up with to keep the alliteration going, You don't want to miss this years event!

PS - Tikipugs: What was in the Mystery Box you guys one last year? That box went all over the place to collect its contents and the only person who knew what was inside was the last person to handle it before you.

Pages: 1 20 replies