Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki / Hawaiian Ice Cream

Pages: 1 7 replies

L

I don't think we have Publix groceries stores in California but I know they are in Florida. Saw this online......looks good to me! I like the packaging.

MadDog Mke loves his ice cream like a sailor loves his rum - YUMMY!

(it's midnight, I'm up eating ice cream 'cuz I can't sleep :lol: )

I checked to see who makes Publix's ice cream in hopes that it would be a national company and available as other store brands as well. As it turns out, Publix (stores all in the SE US from FL to TN) has a big ice cream operation and makes its own.

Article on Publix ice cream

On 2010-01-12 00:31, MadDogMike wrote:
MadDog Mke loves his ice cream like a sailor loves his rum - YUMMY!

Then you must like my favorite recipe: Vanilla ice cream with Myers Dark, and some freeze died coffee sprinkled over it.

I wouldn't admit to keep freeze dried coffee in the house, but that sounds REAL good!

Seriously, has any tried to turn any classic tiki drinks into a granita or any form of ice cream? I've been dreaming of making it work. Would have to lower the level of alcohol or the recipe won't freeze.

I did try a couple of tiki drink "inspired" sundaes;

Painkiller Sundae with pineapple shebert, Coco Lopez, orange juice concentrate and a sprinkling of nutmeg

MaiTai Sundae with orange & pineapple shebert, orgeat, limeade concentrate, mint jelly and marachino cherries.

I didn't put rum on either one but you could.

Publix makes damn good ice cream.

have had plenty of tropics-flavored ice creams as well in the Cuban-style (Valentini-- guava, mango, mamey) and in the Thai/Philippines-styles (esp. Magnolia brand-- young coconut, purple yam, mung bean)...

maybe one could buy rum raisin flavor and then add fruit flavors to approx. tiki drinks?

Pages: 1 7 replies