Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hawaiian print pillows...any interest?

Pages: 1 2 replies

I want to ask for some feedback from the Ohana here. Trevor, who has not chatted here but attends Hukilau with me some years, has been making pillows from Hawaiian shirts and print fabric and has gotten quite good at it. He has considered trying to make enough to bring to Hukilau to sell. Before he goes that far, he wants to know if there would be enough interest in them, so I offered to post some pics here to see what people think. The pillows he has done so far are anywhere from 10X14 inches, 12X12 inches, all the way up to 18X18 inches. I imagine he could make both smaller and larger, depending on what there is a demand for. If he charged between say $15-$30 depending on the size, do y'all think these are something there would be an interest in? I keep telling him he could charge less and have room to bring more if he just does pillow cases alone without the pillows or stuffing, but he seems to think people would prefer to have the entire pillow rather than worry about whether the case fits a pillow they already have. Some of these are cases over pillows that can be taken off, and some are stuffed and sewn so they cannot be removed. Personally, I like the covers that can be taken off and washed, but he needs to know what other people would be interested in. Sorry for the bad quality pics. My flash died! I'll try to get clearer pics to post in the next couple of days, but if he is going to do this by Hukilau, he needs to get to work right away! Thanks for any input! I appreciate it!

E

I won't be attending Hukilau but am interested; really like the uke-playing wahine.

Eric

Well, those in the pic are mine that I don't know if I'd be willing to part with! lol However, he could make some very similar, depending on the shirts and fabric he finds. Maybe his best bet is to make half a dozen or so and list them for sale on here and see what happens. Not a lot of replies, so I am not thinking it would be worth a table at Hukilau.

Pages: 1 2 replies