Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki in metal

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hello I am new to this board and I thought I would show a couple of pieces I did in the past. The standing Tiki was a give away trophy fot the 2008 Billetproof Hot Rod show in Florida. The other piece is a stainless steel wall hanging piece that was donated to Habilitat in Hawaii this year.

[ Edited by: metaltiki 2010-01-13 19:58 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jan 13, 2010 7:56 PM

Bienvenido metaltiki! :)

Thanks I am hoping to learn more about tikis. The only thing is I prefer metal as a medium.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jan 13, 2010 8:15 PM

NICE! Muy loco and muy original! That's what tiki is all about. I would ad some fire spitting device somewhere! I am sure you will learn so much here, and everyone is friendly too.

Welcome to TC MetalTiki. That looks like a lot of work to cut out and weld all those pieces :o

If you're looking to sell some metal Tikis, here in "Marketplace" is the right area to do that. Watch for the flashing (pink?) envelope near the top right of the page that says someone is sending you a private message, may be a buyer!

If you want to show off your creations and get some critique (mostly positive :) ) then you may want to start a thread in Creating Tiki/Other Crafts

Metal is good. Not much metal Tiki out there. Here's sum mo' advice:

1.) Stay primitive (cubist, non-organic)

2.) Stay away from colors

3.) Don't do the same big teeth Tikis that have been done a hundred times

4.) To avoid doing that, study Oceanic Art books

Thanks everyone. I did not reallize that this had been in the for sale section.....:(. So can I repost this in the other section or would it be cool to post a new thread in the section mentioned above with a link to this?

Yep, you can start up a new post over in "Other Crafts". Most of the artists (and artists wannabes like me) start a thread then add their new stuff to the same thread as they go. You can change the topic name later by editing your original post.

Mike

Pages: 1 7 replies