Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Ultimate Bamboo Bar

Pages: 1 6 replies

I recently picked up this postcard from the Bamboo Cocktail Lounge located in Lake Worth Florida.

This pre-Tiki place has to be one of the most bamboo-covered bars I have ever seen. What it's lacking in the TIPSY factor is more than made up for by the bamboo factor.

Every inch is covered in bamboo product, including the floor, the chairs, the tables, the bar, even the swinging doors in the back. It's like it was built by Bamboo Ben on steroids (or Budwiser)! No white walls! The only thing they missed was the ceiling, but at least they painted that brown.

A few other bars that come close to this bamboo nirvana:

Early postcard from Steven Crane's Beverly Hills Luau with the bamboo covered bar area.

And the Bamboo Rooms at the Hotel Windemere in Santa Monica.

Would like to see more bamboo palaces on this thread - show me what you got.

DC

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jan 14, 2010 2:22 PM

Two Post Chump!

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2010-01-14 14:42 ]

"Would like to see more bamboo palaces on this thread - show me what you got."

G

On 2010-01-14 11:06, Dustycajun wrote:
Every inch is covered in bamboo product, including the floor, the chairs, the tables, the bar, even the swinging doors in the back.

Well, actually, the chairs and bar stools are likely made of rattan, not bamboo. And the walls are covered in lahala, which is a woven palm mat. Although... some of the wall at the top looks like it could be pressed bamboo.

Just giving you a hard time DC. :wink: It's a very cool looking room. And yes, I agree. More bamboo!

EDIT: Oh, and I think the floor is actually sea grass mats. :D Okay, I'll stop now.

[ Edited by: GatorRob 2010-01-14 18:35 ]

Nice, where's this one from?

On 2010-01-14 14:22, Murph wrote:

T

On 2010-01-14 11:06, Dustycajun wrote:
I recently picked up this postcard from the Bamboo Cocktail Lounge located in Lake Worth Florida.

This pre-Tiki place has to be one of the most bamboo-covered bars I have ever seen. What it's lacking in the TIPSY factor is more than made up for by the bamboo factor.

Every inch is covered in bamboo product, including the floor, the chairs, the tables, the bar, even the swinging doors in the back. It's like it was built by Bamboo Ben on steroids (or Budwiser)! No white walls! The only thing they missed was the ceiling, but at least they painted that brown.

Wonder if patrons had to watch out for splinters when using the facilities!

I'd love to see a full rendition of that area behind the bar - looks very cool, and anyone have any idea about that painting?

Pages: 1 6 replies