Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Arthur Lyman & The Surfmen -- digital albums available

Pages: 1 3 replies

R

For anyone who might not have looked in awhile, I'm noticing that a number of Arthur Lyman LPs, some of which hadn't been issued on CD before, are now available digitally--at least here in the US.

Some of the Lyman titles now available:
-Hawaiian Sunset, Vol. 2
-Call of the Midnight Sun
-Aloha Amigo
-Arthur Lyman's Greatest Hits

Also: the two Surfmen albums are now available in a 2-for-1 deal. One title is the "Studio 102 Essentials" (on which the tracks are in alphabetical order instead of the correct LP order) and also under the title "Hawaii Dreamin'" which appears to conform to the original track order. Neither Surfmen release seems to have the original artwork, but both seem to have all 18 tracks.

Am finding these available both on iTunes & emusic.

Enjoy!!!
~Rupe

Great!! :)

Thanks for the heads up Rupe!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

K

Oddly, I hadn't really checked Itunes for obscure exotica/Hawaiian stuff, but your post caused me to check it out and I was SHOCKED. There's a TON of old budget label Crown stuff that they've (I don't really know WHO or HOW) put on Itunes for purchase. I think EVERYTHING from the Polynesians is on there as well as most of the "Luke Leilani" sessions. Oddly, they show the record labels on many as artwork and they have different titles and artists....sometimes listed as simply "Hawaiian Music" by "Studio Group", etc. Even Alex Keack's rare "For Surfer's Only" aka "Surfer's Paradise" is listed as "Hawaii Goes Latin" by "studio artist." It's tripy..just do a search for "Hawaii" on Itunes. I wonder if those are some type of original pressing, as I've never seen them released that way.

R
rupe33 posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2010 9:11 AM

I will note that "Call of the Midnight Sun" seems to be a vinyl rip -- there's a firm POP about 1:52 into the track "500 Miles" and am pretty sure I heard another one in here somewhere.

Yargh.
Oh well, still better than nothing.

Pages: 1 3 replies