Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is Tiki Farm ever going to update their website?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I have called them a few times over the past 4 months asking about this and they keep pushing it back more and more. The last they told me it was supposed to be mid-April. It is a little annoying to go to the website and see that things that have come out are not even listed and others are labeled as "coming soon" when they have been out for 3+ months. I had been looking forward to the new line, but since I have been waiting for so long, I have started to lose interest in collecting Tikis altogether and picked up other hobbies that are completely unrelated.

[ Edited by: TikiManiac on 2003-04-26 12:52 ]

M

"I have started to lose interest in collecting Tikis altogether and picked up other hobbies that are completely unrelated."

Really?

Okay,
midnite

On 2003-04-26 12:52, TikiManiac wrote:
..I had been looking forward to the new line, but since I have been waiting for so long, I have started to lose interest in collecting Tikis altogether and picked up other hobbies that are completely unrelated.

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost interest in collecting tikis, based on Tiki Farm's delay in updating their website.

I apologize in advance if I am mistaken, but that is what it sounds like from your statement.

There are quite a few other great producers of limited edition tiki mugs such as Munktiki & ChikiTiki, as well as other tiki-related finely crafted items by CrazyAl, Keigs, ChikiTiki, BasementKahuna, and many, many other talented artists.

In checking your past 153 posts, I assume that your interest in Tiki is solely with mugs or collectibles, which is, of course, your free choice, but after being on this board for that amount of posts, I would have hoped that you found more than just material items to gather in your household.

If you truly feel that you have seemed to have lost that Aloha Spirit, or maybe never truly found it, and plan on leaving this "hobby" as you say, then we bid you a fair Alooooha, and safe travels in your quest a more enjoyable "collectible".

You are always more than welcome here to our humble abode.

SugarCaddyDaddy

(In a dangerously nonchalant tone of voice) So, ah, does this mean that you'll be wanting to rid yourself of some of those pesky, dust-gathering tiki mugs? You know, the ones that are starting to get in the way of your other, more current lifestyle accoutrements? Just wondering...

[ Edited by: tikivixen on 2003-04-26 17:20 ]

Tiki Farm is crazy busy with stuff, but I am sure they have an update planned. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, Charlie the webmaster was there and confirmed an update. Hangin there lil buddy.

I do love tikis...I went to Ohana and the Luau in Orlando when I went down there for New Year's (they were both really awesome) and I also recently visited Waikiki Wally's in NYC. The thing is- I have already run out of space for collectibles, but when I saw the new designs Tiki Farm was making this year, I told myself I had to make room. I have so many mugs and statues, that I have been very picky now. I do have many Munktiki mugs, a few Boskos (and wallhangers and mugs), and Chikitiki mugs. It is just that I am just so anxious for the Tiki Farm 2003 line because the prices are so low and they are going to be awesome styles. Munktiki and Bosko have very high prices, and since I am only a student, I would prefer to pay $10 per mug rather than $30-$60.

MB

TikiMANIAC,
Are you aware of our hours? (inside joke)
I'm really hoping you are a young student and not a "10 year planner" or God almighty a "20-yearer." That's a scary thought.
Don't vent and bitch about a company that produces a product internationally, promotes major events, un-veils and supports artists throughout our cultural tiki circle, for your sole satisfaction (or"jones") of an "up-dated" website. Ridiculous. When you are behind the cluttered desk, my friend, then you may or may not have a turn to bitch. Like the rest of us, you must patiently wait for THE mug.
Mrs. Bamboo

Bamboo Ben
Saturday 10-5'ish
Sunday 11-4'ish
Aloha!

Hang in there - we do have an entire site built behind the scenes that is waiting in the wings to be launched as soon as we've got the numbers produced to support the demand for our stuff. There have been a few sporadic launches of some test products to our bigger stores & we debut'd 1 doz. Martiki sets at Mondo which I had to uv cure (ceramic stems to glass bowls) by hand last week (this normally happens at my factory). Here's the bottom line...
I can't give you the bottom line but I'll continue to work hard and bring on new stuff and do my best not to let you down!

On 2003-04-27 21:32, smogbreather wrote:
Here's the bottom line...
I can't give you the bottom line but I'll continue to work hard and bring on new stuff and do my best not to let you down!

Sounds like a good bottom line to me, Holden.

I picked up a Monster Marq in the Mai Kai gift shop last night and it is beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of the new mugs.

By the way, the back of the box says you can check out Chiki Tiki's oceanic art at chikitiki.com, but nothing is there -- Chikitiki, do you have a website or place where I can see your work?

Also, are the regular Mai Kai mugs, marked "Chiki Tiki" on the bottom and produced by "agiftcorp" your designs as well?

I'm just full of questions tonight...

-Mike

Start collecting Bibles cause "Armageddon" is near!!!

Thanks for the props. My site is being built as we speak(write). I'll have a redirect up also for chikitiki.com . I'm using tikidiablo.com now to not confuse my designs with american gift corp. Those aren't mine. Sculpting some new mug designs for early summer debut as well as a double-tiki-headed jigger . Will be at Hukilau and Oasis.

Pages: 1 10 replies