Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland Stackable Totem Mugs 2009

Pages: 1 30 replies

Hello Everybody,

Will anyone sell me the disneyland stackable totem mug set from oct 10 2009. I missed out on them. I need them to finish my collection.
Serious people only.

Thanks
Tikichaz

Check Fleebay (eBay) I have seen them often,there.

LT

Did they sell out at Disneyland?

T

On 2010-01-21 00:16, LOL Tiki wrote:

Yep...I could not believe it.I was depressed all day. :(

T

On 2010-01-21 07:31, tikichaz wrote:

On 2010-01-21 00:16, LOL Tiki wrote:

Yep...I could not believe it.I was depressed all day. :(

I emailed Kevin Kidney and he said they are not. Things just get moved around,so maybe the clerk at disneyland is wrong.

There's a couple that are available for trade on OM, maybe they'll sell one instead.. du know...
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=4120

As of Saturday (1/16) the mugs were available in Adventureland.

T

A wonderful man Aquaorama sold me his extra set today.

Thank you everyone for reading and helping with my post.

Tikichaz

Kind of strange...They have alot of the event merch left, including both mugs, mini tiki babies, the big tiki baby and more...I guess get it while you can...

you mean these mugs......

I like how you displayed those ATP. Do you have pics of your set-up on here somewhere? I would love to see more.

YEP...Those be the one's. Great way to display them.

Alot of great pic's on that wall...Who's the artist of tiki with funky monkey :wink:

Great Shelf ATP !! I could use a shelf like that... very nice..

That funky monkey artwork is Doug Horne's Art.. check it out here,
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2010-01-22 10:51 ]

Beachbumz is right, those are from our very own Doug Horne, go check out his website where you can own many of his great work, do it now! I will wait for you........Ok, Then.....

The custom display shelf is of my own making, see my thread to see more, if you wish...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33792&forum=18&51

Glad to hear you found a set of the mugs.

T

Very Very Happy to have those mugs.

My wife agreed that I can turn half of the unfinished basement into a tikibar /tiki lounge. I was a carpenter for ten years and have it all planned out. Bamboo everywhere.

I got my mugs for it. Now I'm looking for some great art. I bought some tiki's while in oahu, but I'm going to try and make my own.

I'm going to make and install a fountain for the lounge area. Loaded with fake trees and planets. So when not in hawaii it will sure feel like it, but nothing can replace the real thing :wink:

ATP,

The place is looking great, the mugs, the art, and that awesome geen wall color.

DC

ATP, that is such an awesome way to display those mugs! Love it! I'll be going to DLR this sunday, so I'll report on what they have tiki room wise! I do the same on Doombuggies.com for Haunted Mansion merchandise. When I was there last sunday, they still had most tiki items, including the mugs.

At DLR yesterday, I noticed tiki babies, tiki figs from June 22, 2008 event, shirts, and large tiki fig. from Oct. 09' event, and new big ring tiki bowl were still at the Disney Gallery. Didn't see any stackable mugs left, but I forgot to check Adventureland shop, sorry. I'll be going back within 2 wks and will post what I see then for you.

Thanks you guys, good hunting.

T

Tiki Figures? 2008

What kind of figures are these? Is it like a box set or something? Who's in that?

These are the 2nd set of garden statues that consist of Maui, Pele, Koro, Hina Kuluua and a sheild. They were released at the June 22, 2008 event. They can be found right now on Ebay if you want to see a photo. I'm amazed DLR still has these sets as they are a limited edition! They come in a nice box.

[ Edited by: Enchanted Tiki Guy 2010-01-25 17:10 ]

I was at Disneyland on Sunday and they still have the mugs at the Adventureland shop. You have to ask at the cash register and they bring them out from a back room.

I went to DLR today and no mugs left at Adventureland Bazaar or anywhere in the park. A cast member even called the stockroom and no mugs. There was even an empty space in their display case where he said the last one had sold.

here is a set on fleeBay for anyone still looking....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-Tiki-Totem-Stack-Mug-Farm_W0QQitemZ320482372498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9e3ceb92

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-01-31 22:33 ]

Because people like the person that has it listed on ebay buy them all up and then
re-sell them on evil bay , so when other local TC people go to Adventure land to
go buy them ....they are gone !!

TS

I can call a few people out on that shit, making a living off of reselling LE resort merch at an artificially inflated price. I despise scalpers, since they don't do ME any favor by reselling a ticket to me with a substantial markup...
I don't mind vintage stuff sold on ebay though, because for the simple fact it isn't made anymore, nor is it current, so where else would you find it? It's not like every Salvation Army location will carry the same identical item(s) you seek. Looking at ebay in that respect, helps. Buying as much current limited stock and hoarding it to resell is not a job, nor is it "cool", nor does it help.

In all fairness though, the mugs have been available for a few months now, and I'm quite surprised it took this long to move! Most of the items created for the Disney Gallery Grand Opening were awesome...Disney should count their blessings that they have KK&JD to bring the creative elements together that every ThemePark collector seeks in an item.

I agree Tom Slick! I hate scalpers who like to profit off LE items!That happened SO much during the Haunted Mansion 40th event LE items last year! It makes it so much harder to find items without paying an arm & a leg. But I guess at least if someone is really dying to have a certain item, they can obtain it at a price. Whatever makes them happy. I too was surprised these cool stackable mugs didn't seel out by end of Oct. Yesterday I saw they still have the cool LE1000 print of Mickey & Minnie in front of the Tiki room for $195.00 and $225.00 with a pin.

I did pick up an extra set or two at the opening, but made sure to pass them both along to TCers at the same price I paid at Disneyland.

Now thats the spirit aquarama ....that was very considerate .
Maybe I will come across a set down the road.

T

Another THANK YOU to Aquaorama for making it possible to own this great set :wink:

TS

Aqua, that is cool of you, and SoccerTiki did the same for me a while back, and for that, I am to this day, still grateful. I didn't have a DL pass back then, and he had no problem PMing me and seeing if I needed the tiki bowl. I respect that people are willing to go a little out of their ways to help out a fellow collector.

It's the "others" who try to flip the shit for $25+ (plus!) OVER actual cost, and make a living doing so. I'd have no problem buying for a Tcer or close friend...The way I see it, that is a small part of why we are here, to share and maybe even help out others collections along the way. I've bought two, sometimes even three mugs, just to even trade people with. It all works out in the end, and everyone wins, equally. ST did it for me, and I did it for BTD, and MT...Paying it forward goes along ways around here, nicely, and we should all look out for eachother, simply because the ebay profiteers are most definately, NOT.

Pages: 1 30 replies