Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Intoxicators! @ The Mai Kai February 20th, 2010

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

The Intoxicators! return to The Mai Kai in Ft Lauderdale, FL to offer a taste of Hukilau to the natives.
The show starts with Gypsy Blue Acoustic Revue at 6PM
The Intoxicators! will play at 8PM
Admission to The Molokai Lounge at The Mai Kai is free.

A trip to the Mai Kai would not be complete without the world famous Mai Kai POLYNESIAN ISLANDER REVUE!
For dinner reservations call (954) 563-3272

Here's the poster for the show... Break out your Red/Blue glasses for this one... It's 3-D!!!!!

T

The 3D don't work for me...and I have those new fangled theater glasses...

This looks like a good time tho...The Intoxicators rule !

I'll Be there !!! Can't wait to see you guys. Should I bring "the suit"?

B

Gah!!

I'll be there the following weekend.

Come back then!!!

I'll be there and so will Basement Kahuna. In town for a Hukilau planning weekend.

And boy do I have a big surprise guest for everyone!

Hmmm.....

Meeting out of towner's on Friday night.

Meeting (lots) more out of towner's the following Saturday night.

So this would make the third trip to the place in what is basically the same week.....

Hell Yeah! Andy and I are in.

We'll make sure Bohemiann brings 'the suit!'

T

Yes Bohemian... Bring the suit... and someone to wear it... :wink:

It should be an amazing weekend!
Besides The Intoxicators! Hukilau Countdown show Saturday, Marina The Fire Eating Mermaid will be swimming at The Wreck Bar Friday at 6:30PM, and The Haole Kats will be playing at The Mai Kai Friday from 6-9:30PM...

T

On 2010-01-21 21:19, tikiyaki wrote:
The 3D don't work for me...and I have those new fangled theater glasses...

This looks like a good time tho...The Intoxicators rule !

Jim,
If you take a red Sharpie marker and color the left lens of your new fangled theater glasses... and then color the right lens with a blue Sharpie marker you should be able to see it fine...

Or you can use the Marty Lush method... hold a full bottle of Blue Curacao over your right eye... and a bottle of Redrum tropical fruit flavored rum over your left eye... If that doesn't work...
then drink both bottles... I guarantee that it will be 3-D then... :wink:

Ha!!! Nice,
wish I could be there.
running to grab my old school 3D glasses now.

Jeff(btd)

I am jealous and envious all at once !!

K

Hmmm...
I think I'll be there!!!
K.

R

I can't wait for this. My wife and I are taking a road trip from Atlanta and this will be our first time to the Mai Kai. We are very excited.

Be careful your head may explode from tiki overload!! One hell of a way to do the Mai-Kai for the first time. Be sure to introduce yourself - I'll be the drunk guy in a hawaiian shirt!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and listening to some good surf music!

Hey KungFutiki - I kept getting asked if I were you :wink:

Last night was really nice. Intoxicators were awesome, nice company and drinks were great (as always)

All I can say is wow! Great show. My wife and I had a blast. We decided to get dinner and catch the floor show before settling in to see the intoxicators. Loved the Mai Kai. We also decided to hit anything tiki on the way down through Florida, Some good some so so but a great trip either way. Cant wait to do it again. Also sitting on the Fort Lauderdale beach drinking a mai tai was welcomed after this really crappy cold winter.

Pages: 1 15 replies