Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 1-20-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

This week’s show was dedicated to my wife, Elinor. My show next week may not be on the air because she is going into the hospital for an operation -- she's not ill but it is a preventive measure to make sure she doesn't get sick in the future.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: January 20, 2010

“Pretty Maui Girl/One Paddle” by Nani Wolfgramm & His Islanders from The Seductive Sounds of Hawaii – Polynesian Girl

“My Hula Girl” by Randy Lorenzo from the The Panini Collection

“Chant of the Jungle” recorded in the late 1930s by Felix Mendelsohn and His Hawaiian Serenaders from the CD of the same name

“Blue Interlude” by Cab Calloway & His Orchestra from the box set by the same name -- Volume 2/Disc C/1938-1939

“The Two Little Squirrels (Nuts to You)” from the CD Box Set: Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five/Disc B: 1941-1944

“Snooty Little Cutie” by Bobby Troup from the CD: Wild, Cool & Swingin’ Too/Ultra Lounge No.

“When I Fall in Love” from the CD: Carmen McRae Sings the Great American Songwriters

“I Get a Kick Out of You” by Frank Sinatra With the Red Norvo Quintet from the recording: Live in Australia, 1959

“Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered” from the 1960 recording: Anita O’Day and Billy May Swing Rodgers and Hart

“Dance Me to the End of Love” sung by Madeleine Peyroux from her CD: Careless Love (Written By Leonard Cohen)

“I Only Have Eyes for You” by Mark Murphy from the 1960 LP Hip Parade

“Ou Est Ma Tete?” by Pink Martini from their CD: Splendor in the Grass, China Forbes on Vocals

“Fever” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack from their CD: Shake Those Hula Hips

“Linger in My Arms a Little Longer” by Peggy Lee from The Capitol Collectors Series

“Eleanor Put Your Boots Back On” by Franz Ferdinand from the CD: Uncut Presents the Year’s Essential Music (Yes, I know this is not what I would call Tiki music, even by my own somewhat elastic standards, but I played it as my final song after my last break because Eleanor = Elinor and the lyrics reference New York City, where my wife had lived for 23 years before she moved to Virginia to marry me.)

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-01-23 01:19 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies