Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

casting notice

Pages: 1 3 replies

CASTING NOTICE

NOMINATE someone now if you know of anyone that has a THEMED room(s) / house that could use some help with our Expert Designer! If selected, they could receive thousands of dollars worth of amazing upgrades and enhancements!

CASTING A NEW Surprise Makeover Design Show

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DESIGNED A THEME ROOM?

We are looking for people who have a flair for dramatic interior design.

People who have designed a room with a theme they love such as...

LEOPARD / OR ANY ANIMAL PRINT

SOUTH WESTERN

SOUTHERN BELL

DISCO

GOTH

DOLLS

1950'S, 1960'S, 1970'S

AQUARIUM

BLINGY ROOMS

PRINCESS STYLE

TIKI

SOLAR SYSTEM

OR ANY OTHER CREATIVE THEME THEY MAY HAVE COME UP WITH!!!

If the room is truly unique, we want to see it! If WE love the room, we may just select them to receive thousands of dollars worth of amazing design upgrades and professional services to enhance the room of their dreams.

IMPORTANT: Don’t forget it’s a SECRET! Do NOT tell them that you are nominating them for a makeover show but you can say it’s a NEW Design Show to showcase their knack of design skills!

*All you need to do is send in some pictures of the person that has this room and pictures of their room/house ASAP and tell us a little about yourself and this person to: [email protected]

Along with:

• Your Name

• Contact info

ACT NOW - Shoots end of February - March 2010

Please feel free to nominate someone or pass on the info! Thanks so much!!!

HOMEOWNER must live within 30-mile radius of the Beverly Center

TS

This sounds like that same show that wanted to "gut" these rooms to make them more mainstream.

I mean, isn't it a point that if someone took the time in the first place to "theme" their rooms, that they would be content with them? Especially if someone poured their own money and sweat into creating the theme room? Hard to imagine "upgrading" something that already is stunning by collector's standpoints?

Now if they said, "We need someone with a horrible room, or non flowing space, or someone who NEEDS a themed room to show off their hobby/collection, but dont know where to start"....

I'm calling bullshit, but that is just my opinion based on the loose information given.

W

This would be/could be a great idea for a show, I dig pert near any theme room. But when someone attempts a theme room and they really don't know how to pull it together it can be really sad.

If a crew for a show like this were headed towards Mr. Pupu Pants's Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway I myself would grab a pitchfork in one hand and a flaming Tiki torch in the other to drive them off.

But if that crew were headed towards Little Lost Tiki's Tiki Time Fun Fun House I'd not only be all for it but I'd bake 'em cookies. (Well, I'd suggest that Mrs Bytes baked 'em cookies.)

However, as Humuhumu pointed out somewhere around here, these shows have a reputation for not doing the greatest of work. Also you know that mosta the stuff that goes into the room is gonna come from their sponsors. A Tiki room made over by this show will probably be supplied by Cost Plus World Market and Captain Morgan.

On 2010-01-25 20:21, woofmutt wrote:

However, as Humuhumu pointed out somewhere around here, these shows have a reputation for not doing the greatest of work.

I think it was thisthread.

Pages: 1 3 replies