Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Showing off your Shag -- again.

Pages: 1 12 replies

If anyone is interested in showing off some of your Shag prints -- framed or not -- feel free to post them up at the new Image Gallery @ Shagapedia -- http://www.shagapedia.net

I'd love to have some of your shots up on the site and see how everyone else frames/displays theirs.

Thanks!

Heat

Heat,

Gotta say I love your site!

Here is my latest, which I suspect some of you got today, too.

This is a temp situation while the paper flattens out.
Once the paper looses its memory and is flat, it will get
proper matting and such.

cheers!

Gromit Fan

On 2010-01-26 20:04, heatmizuh wrote:
If anyone is interested in showing off some of your Shag prints -- framed or not -- feel free to post them up at the new Image Gallery @ Shagapedia -- http://www.shagapedia.net

I'd love to have some of your shots up on the site and see how everyone else frames/displays theirs.

Thanks!

Heat

Finally getting around to posting my birthday present. The colors match my living room perfectly. He did a good job of selecting that print. I love it, love it, love it. This shot does not really show the wall color which is a deep lime green. Second shot is much truer in color. My 19 year old son is a little embarrassed by the nudity. How did I end up with such a prude?

It's called Grand Odalisque.

Darilyn

Gosh, your son should come see the jungle room full of Dan's tiki tay tay's collection, it would desensitize him!

I just got these in...I've actually wanted them for some time -- and even though I paid out the nose, they're Artist Proofs and I love them.

Heat
http://www.shagapedia.net

N
Naneki posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2010 8:26 AM

My first Shag. Just got it and will ponder how to frame it.

Nancy

[ Edited by: Naneki 2010-04-05 08:27 ]

TS

Just released today...The Late Husband. Limited Edition to 100 pieces. I sneak preview ordered it last night, because it features a 60's Lincoln like mine! It's a really cool print, and I had to get one. Looking forward to this low numbered print!

Updated cuz this badboy is
SOLD OUT! !

not even in a full workday...glad I got in on this!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2010-05-12 18:05 ]

On 2010-04-05 08:26, Naneki wrote:

My first Shag. Just got it and will ponder how to frame it.

Nancy

[ Edited by: Naneki 2010-04-05 08:27 ]

Uh, Nancy? I have an empty frame on my wall in the tiki room. I am wondering where my Shag print is? I would like it back...PLEASE???

Pardon the mess on the highboard. I have a few things I need to put away after entertaining friends.

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

PS -- I thought I would show you some pics of the frame to show you how I framed mine.

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-12 18:59 ]

N

Uh, Nancy? I have an empty frame on my wall in the tiki room. I am wondering where my Shag print is? I would like it back...PLEASE???

Pardon the mess on the highboard. I have a few things I need to put away after entertaining friends.

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

PS -- I thought I would show you some pics of the frame to show you how I framed mine.

Thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to find time to cruise up to Santa Barbara and visit my framer.

Nancy

PS--I'm a native Californian but my family's from Arkansas. Montgomery County and around Batesville.

And I see your highboard and raise you a buffet.

[ Edited by: Naneki 2010-05-14 12:26 ]

TS

I still believe that Link @ framefetish is the best framer, ever!
Check out his works at http://www.framefetish.com
His prices are comparable to Aaron Brothers, Michaels, yet his workmanship and artistry in itself is incredible. He is located in Orange County.

N

I'll toss out some props for Richard Wagner, The Framemaker in Santa Barbara. Plus, his shop is right by the last piece of the Flying A Studios.

Get something framed and think of Mary Miles Minter. It's a win-win situation.

N.

And, yes, MMM was framed, her mother however...*

• Cryptic remark about the William Desmond Taylor murder which while very interesting is not tiki.

On 2010-05-13 07:46, Naneki wrote:

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

Thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to find time to cruise up to Santa Barbara and visit my framer.

Nancy

PS--I'm a native Californian but my family's from Arkansas. Montgomery County and around Batesville.

Well, when I get around to opening my tiki bar here in sunny Iki Pohaku, I will send you (and your family) an invite to opening night. My wife's family is from that general area (a bit closer to Heber Springs). On the other hand, I am a native Arkansan, but have relatives knocking around SoCal (Simi Valley, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and I think another cousin has moved down to San Diego).

Good luck with the framing!

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

Just came today!

YEAAAH!

Pages: 1 12 replies