Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Multiki Coloured Swap Shop - Hunny Lu Lu's, Hastings UK

Pages: 1 19 replies

There’s no such thing as an unwanted Tiki… Just Tiki’s that might be wanted more by someone else! Anyone out there with mugs, carves, artwork, albums or clothing of the Polynesian persuasion that they fancy swapping with another conesuir of Pop Polynesia is invited to Hunny Lu Lu’s, 28th February, for our first ever swap meet… The Multiki Coloured Swap Shop!

Vintage goods, modern items, hand crafted works and art are all welcome. What you trade it for is entirely up to you. What we can promise is cocktails from the delightful bar, fine surf, exotica and rockabilly and the chance to admire Hunnys new Moai Doorstaff, carved by the lovely Trader Tark.

Entrance is free and the doors will open from 1pm until the last collector leaves with a recession busting trade!

Hunny's is on Robertsons Street, Hastings.

[ Edited by: Girls Aluaud 2010-01-28 09:30 ]

Are there any good/inexpensive hotels or B&B's nearby?

There are quite a few...

Mr Atomic Tony Tiki enjoyed his B&B last summer so I'll find out where it was for you.

Failing that, there's always room at ours!

There's a crazy campsite, Si...

I've got a Doug's First Christmas Since The Split print (Number 5 of 20) and a number 2 print of Doug's First Day On The Job to trade...

I stayed at the...

Phoenix Guest House

41 Cambridge Gardens
Hastings
East Sussex
TN34 1EN
UNITED KINGDOM
Telephone +44 (1424) 423965

..quite reasonable rates but a lovely quiet clean establishment run by a great guy called Ed, who used to be the hairdresser under the hacienda in Manchester, so his tales of taking a punch for Mark E Smith and cutting the hair of the great new wave/post punk bands really made the excellent breakfasts all the more enjoyable.

and the chance to admire Hunnys new Moai Doorstaff, carved by the lovely Trader Tark.

You reffering to Noel and Cheggers ?? :wink:

]

[ Edited by: Trader Tark 2010-02-01 04:44 ]

I see the guest house has special early year rates as well.

I can confirm 2 guest DJ's with sets of surt, instro, rockabilly and great tunes.

Poster to follow soon.....

[ Edited by: Girls Aluaud 2010-02-03 01:29 ]

F

So who's attending this one
Regards
Flynny

We'll be there.

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2010-02-19 04:49 ]

bump

We've got a couple of mugs, tiki lamp, tiki candle, some unused thatch (for home tiki bar), and probably a little bit more to bring along.
Who's going to be there?

Apologies guys and gals but we won't be able to make it to this one.

Hope you all have a great day and see you at the next one.

Well now... Looks like I'll be stuck at work until later in the day. Boo.

But I am up for some trading so anyone who has goodies to swap can take a look through my doodles and etchings and - should one cath your eye - I can rustle up a signed print or two for a trade.

http://losfuriastiki.deviantart.com/gallery/

Let me know and I'll be sure to get them ready for the event (or as soon after as I can).

Anybody else gonna be there?

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2010-02-26 04:55 ]

I'm afraid I won't make this as Tamzine is in Morocco. And I'm in the middle of decorating the bedroom before she gets back.
On the plus side - she did promise to get me a fez ! :)
hope it goes well.

Got as far as Eastbourne but my wife was feeling so rought today we had to turn back. Hope it all goes well.

No problem... The flooding and generally crappy weather was enough for most people but we still had a great afternoon at the bar with some quality music and even some cake!

Pictures will follow... But a big thank you to everyone who showed today!

F
flynny posted on Tue, Mar 2, 2010 2:23 AM

I'm glad you guys had a great time. I was looking forward to attending with a few of my wares but the weather was just hideous in our part of the world.
Regards
Flynny

Pages: 1 19 replies