Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Tiki's Exotic Syrups

Pages: 1 8 replies

I was thinking of placing an order for a couple syrups, just wondering how the orgeat is from here.
I have a hard time finding syrups here on the island...
http://www.tradertiki.com/store/

Mahalo's

beachbumz.com

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2010-01-28 17:01 ]

and what's shipping to the UK?

Jim Romdall of Vessel in Seattle says the Orgeat is "Amazing"

But you don't have to take his word for it... you can take mine!

If you have any questions, please ask. Of course I think it's pretty darn good stuff though, I make it here in Portland, OR and use it in drinks for special Tiki Nights at local bars and for specials at Thatch Tiki Bar where I work.

G

I'd like to commend you for making these and putting them out there for purchase. Anything that raises the quality level of home mixologist's efforts is a good thing. One question though... have you added a preservative, natural or otherwise? And since I'm sure your Don's Mix does not contain fresh grapefruit juice, what do you use for the grapefruit flavor? Okay, that's two questions.

D

Blair made me 2 virgin drinks using his syrups. one with Don's mix and one with the cinnamon syrup. the flavors are bright and strong. the cinnamon is cinnamonier than red hots!

S

On 2010-02-03 18:07, dogbytes wrote:
the cinnamon is cinnamonier than red hots!

That's not a word.

Any news on international shipping?

RB

I'm sure your Don's Mix does not contain fresh grapefruit juice

I have a bottle of Don's Mix, and grapefruit juice is the first ingredient listed (so it was fresh at some point). And it's mighty good stuff, too.

Of course, I can make my own Don's Mix, but A) I'm lazy and B) Blair's a friend and an all-around good guy, and I like to support friends whenever I can!

Thanks for the questions.

GatorRob, The syrups (even the Don's Mix) are preservative free. Shelf life unopened at room temp is around 6 months. The Don's Mix does contain real grapefruit juice. No artificial ingredients or flavors.

Kon-Hemsby, that can be arranged, but is quite expensive. Just e-mail [email protected] for pricing.

Pages: 1 8 replies