Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

VanTiki heading to SF - best night for Smugglers Cove?

Pages: 1 3 replies

V

Heading to SF for MacWorld in February, and I am (of course) planning on making a trip to Smuggler's cove. I've been green with envy reading all the amazing stories about the place, and I feel a twinge of sadness every time I read a tweet about a great night had at the Cove. Curse this vast Pacific! But I digress... What I need is the help of Cove regulars to tell me what night would be best to visit. I'm on a rather hectic schedule (we will be gulp an exhibitor at the show) and can cast anchor in the Cove on either Sunday the 7th, Wednesday the 10th (after 6pm), or Saturday the 13th (after 6pm). I am guessing that the weekends would be too crowded to attempt an entrance. I'd hate to finally get within site of the place but not be able to get in!

Mahalo,
Henrik

PS - I know I should also be going to Forbidden Island, but I am afraid it is too far away to squeeze into this trip's itinerary. Next time!

PPS - if you want to meet me at either MacWorld or the Cove that would be swell! Just look for the freezing fellow in the aloha shirt.

L

VanTiki i would love to meet ya. If you end up doing the Cove Wed and want to see FI on Saturday let me know...I would be more than happy to ferry you over there!

J

If you go on Saturday, you'll find a line after 6:00 and there's no telling how long you'll have to wait. You could go on Sunday, but Martin isn't there Sundays, so not quite as fun. Of the nights you listed, Wednesday is probably your best bet. The line starts later and Martin is in the house. Whenever you go, you'll want to get there as early as you can if you want a seat, and try to get a seat directly at one of the two bars for the fastest service. There are no cocktail servers, so if you're not seated at the bar, you'll have to leave your seat and stand around a bar waiting for your drink.

V

Mahalo for the info - looks like Wednesday will be the night!

Leleliz - I don't think there will be time for a Forbidden Island visit Saturday, but We'd be more than happy to meet you at Smuggler's Cove on wednesday to talk tiki. I'll PM you with my info -

Once again, mahalo! TC no ka oi.

Henrik

Pages: 1 3 replies