Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco Bar For Sale - North San Diego County

Pages: 1 30 replies

Not my sale. Saw it on craigslist.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/fuo/1578208159.html

It comes w/ 3 barstools. Is that the usual number? Don't most only have 2?

where do you think the bartender sits?

From the ad: "This is a tiki bar made in Hawaii."

Is it possible it's a witco ripoff that WAS made in Hawaii, or does he just not know what he has?
I don't witco enough to tell...

For people that are unaware of Tiki culture, every Tiki is made in Hawaii --mostly innocently so. For sellers who ARE aware of Tiki Culture, every vintage Tiki item is from The Luau, or Don the Beachcomber, or another hot spot of Polynesian pop. For people who are aware of WITCO, every Witco piece is from the Jungle Room. This gentleman is part of the first group, which makes this bar a genuine vintage beauty in good condition for a good price.

T

..Hugh Hefner and JAY LENO collect it. .

N

Anyone ready for a thread titled "Blatent Lies, Naivety, And Tiki Exaggeration"?

Well, if this guy knows Tiki Modern, and about Hugh Hefner and Elvis, why would he pull Jay Leno out of his hat...? What does he know I don't? :)

(I am talking 'bout the seller on Craigslist link numba 2)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-02-02 11:45 ]

BTD

OK, after reading about the $8000 offer on Craigslist for the exact same bar (as near as I can tell, I have to ask-what's the price tag on this one?

$1000.

Seller lowered the price, now only $800:

Hawiian Tiki Bar - $800 (Fallbrook / Rainbow)

He missed everything else about it in the book, but the seller got the spelling for "hawiian" from Tiki Modern, obviously.

Buzzy Out!

On 2010-02-20 14:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

He missed everything else about it in the book, but the seller got the spelling for "hawiian" from Tiki Modern, obviously.

Buzzy Out!

If he'd only put the word, "Witco" anywhere in his CL, he'd have had that thing SNATCHED up.

Too many witco threads on TC so I'm posting this here:
VINTAGE 1950S-1960S HAND CARVED TIKI - $475 (OCEANSIDE)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/clt/1805833224.html

THIS IS THE COOLEST TIKI I HAVE EVER SEEN,AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS ONE!!
HAS AN OLD SCHOOL GREENISH FINISH THAT PHOTOS WILL SHOW. THIS TIKI HAS BEEN INDOORS
IN A NON SMOKING HOME FOR THE PAST 20 PLUS YEARS SINCE IVE OWNED IT! TIKI MEASURES 4FT
TALL BY 11-1/2 WIDE X 10" WIDE. SHOWS SOME WEAR THATS TYPICALL FOR ITS AGE , BUT NO
SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO SPEAK OF. ITS CARVED FROM ONE TREE BUT I DONT KNOW ITS ORIGIN
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ROB AT 619-405-9667

Cool piece, however why did they used to split often right there in the middle of
the head downwards .. ...age, weather ..the type of wood ?

On 2010-06-22 17:33, 1961surf wrote:
Cool piece, however why did they used to split often right there in the middle of
the head downwards .. ...age, weather ..the type of wood ?

yes ,yes and yes.

Thanks TD

DAvid, IS green a color Witco used?

Amy

On 2010-06-28 17:33, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

you know, I do not know,I am not an expert on WITCO.I just seem to have a lot.
to answer your question as best I can, I walked around and took a close look at everything I have here at home and didn't find Green . I did find a lot of Aqua though.
others here may know more.
why do you ask? got some green painted wood?

On 2010-06-22 17:08, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Too many witco threads on TC so I'm posting this here:
VINTAGE 1950S-1960S HAND CARVED TIKI - $475 (OCEANSIDE)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/clt/1805833224.html

THIS IS THE COOLEST TIKI I HAVE EVER SEEN,AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS ONE!!
HAS AN OLD SCHOOL GREENISH FINISH THAT PHOTOS WILL SHOW. THIS TIKI HAS BEEN INDOORS
IN A NON SMOKING HOME FOR THE PAST 20 PLUS YEARS SINCE IVE OWNED IT! TIKI MEASURES 4FT
TALL BY 11-1/2 WIDE X 10" WIDE. SHOWS SOME WEAR THATS TYPICALL FOR ITS AGE , BUT NO
SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO SPEAK OF. ITS CARVED FROM ONE TREE BUT I DONT KNOW ITS ORIGIN
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ROB AT 619-405-9667

if this is the green you were asking about, I think this green may be a result of moisture getting under the wax base finish they used to use on these.
it is hard to tell just from the pic.
just my best 'educated' guess.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-06-28 19:27 ]

T

"THIS TIKI HAS BEEN INDOORS
IN A NON SMOKING HOME"

what is up with the non smoking home thing?
Cig smoke is JUST the right patina these tiki need!!!

I take my lights to a bingo hall to age them.
That or an AA meeting.

On 2010-06-28 19:21, TIKI DAVID wrote:

On 2010-06-28 17:33, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

you know, I do not know,I am not an expert on WITCO.I just seem to have a lot.
to answer your question as best I can, I walked around and took a close look at everything I have here at home and didn't find Green . I did find a lot of Aqua though.
others here may know more.
why do you ask? got some green painted wood?

Thanks David, yes I was looking at the statue, it is witco and it is green, but I wanted to know before I went further, as I have never seen green before.

David yes I do think you are a witco expert without a doubt! Thanks for the help

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-29 09:48 ]

Glad this went to a good home Amy .I actually was the first one to get a hold of Rob
the seller regarding this tiki .After some discussion with Sven I decided to pass on
this Witco statue. You can't tell it's green in the pictures .

On 2010-06-29 12:20, 1961surf wrote:
Glad this went to a good home Amy .I actually was the first one to get a hold of Rob
the seller regarding this tiki .After some discussion with Sven I decided to pass on
this Witco statue. You can't tell it's green in the pictures .

Bill, I never said I bought this piece. I did see it and it is absolutely finished in green, its not mold. its a beautiful piece.
In the future Please refrain from ever posting my name with a sale again, thank you

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-29 14:35 ]

T

Oh, snap

Sorry Queen Kamehameha , I was actually giving you a compliment .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-06-29 17:13 ]

On 2010-06-29 12:20, 1961surf wrote:
"After some discussion with Sven I decided to pass on
this Witco statue."

WOW!

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-07-15 10:58 ]

Hi David, I had email conversation with Ken Pleasant On Sven's advice last night he told me there were other colors like white which also Sven said, so this is possible I did buy it and it is in like new condition, this God Of Fortune is very nice and it will look great at the house Ken said he will be talking to Bill this week and will let me know. I will keep you posted, thanks for the help

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-30 15:37 ]

well there you go ,we both learned something today.
thanks.
TD

Per Ken, bill said this might be original..... So I am happy with that

" Hello Amy, sorry for my late reply. Bill left earley last week so I never got to ask him about your carving. I did talk to him this weekend and he told me that they did stain items in a green typle clear coat for some special orders. So I am sure you item is a real Witco and has not been changed."

Per Ken, bill said this might be original..... So I am happy with that

" Hello Amy, sorry for my late reply. Bill left earley last week so I never got to ask him about your carving. I did talk to him this weekend and he told me that they did stain items in a green typle clear coat for some special orders. So I am sure you item is a real Witco and has not been changed."

Pages: 1 30 replies