Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Who is Tikitrader, ie; lanikai,hawaiianstyle55, Allen St. James and who did he work for?

Pages: 1 2 replies

Trying to identify this mug.

The only thing I can find about it is in Tikiroom.net. in the unmarked section, page 4, #52. Hawaiianstyle55 says "it's one of ours", and that he might still have the mold for future use. My mug has much sharper detail than the one pictured on Tikiroom, and the color/glaze is completely different. The mug reminds me of something Spurlin ceramics might do. When put next to another of Stella Bodey's works for them I think the resemblance is striking.

Who is Hawaiianstyle55, or whatever name he goes by today, and where did he work or create mugs? I've emailed but no response.
Thanks for whatever help ya'll can give.
TT

Who or what is a man than the sum of opinions by his fellow men...And that makes it a long story, in this case:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=634&forum=1&start=0

One thing is for certain, though: He was in business for himself.

Bigbro, I know what your saying. I have already mined those earlier posts, that's the only reason I knew the other names used. Whatever he did to bring himself down predates me. I'm just trying to find the origin of my mug. I don't really think he played any part, it's the only starting place I had. Hate to stir up bad memories, but.........
TT

Pages: 1 2 replies